Porsche 911 Brakes..

I

imported_rashpal1

Hi Guys..

Does anyoone know if the brakes from a Porsche 911 Carrera 4 (996) will fit on to a S3..

I ask because a friend of mine has a bodyshop, and has just replaced the whole front end on a smashed 911. So he has lots of bit lefts after replacing the it with new ones.. It had a complete new fron sub frame and suspension legs etc.. Part of it was new brakes even though there is nothing wrong with the old ones.

He said i can have the brakes and discs for nothing if i wanted to put them on mine.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif But need to know if they will fit straight on to mine without too many mods. I still have standard wheels too, so will clearance be a problem??

Thanks..

Pal

In principal the answer is yes. You would need new bells, new mounting brackets and you would need to ensure that the calipers will clear the inside of the wheel (so maybe some spacers).

Thats great i'll tell him to keep them aside for me.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Also gonna sound really stupid here now.. But what are 'Bells'!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Pal_S3_Turbo said:

Thats great i'll tell him to keep them aside for me.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Also gonna sound really stupid here now.. But what are 'Bells'!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

bell or hat... Its the centre bit of the disc in a 2 piece (floating) disc

The black bit of the picture below that says ECS Tuning is the bell/hat
2_3.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Pal_S3_Turbo said:

[/ QUOTE ]

bell or hat... Its the centre bit of the disc in a 2 piece (floating) disc

The black bit of the picture below that says ECS Tuning is the bell/hat
2_3.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for that info..