Few Niggly Issues

Wizza

Reaction score
Just a few things I'm picking up on whilst owning the Audi.

1) Steering Column 'clicks' when truning.

2) Brake Pad/Fluid warning light comes on randomly (obviously only when I press the brake) yet I've had the bakes checked at Awesome GTi and there is nothing wrong with the braking system.

3) Pedals seem to make clicking noises from time to time.

4) Gearbox makes rattling noises over bumps and at times during gear changes. i think this my have something to do with my differential playing up and obviously the drivesfats are causing it to 'knock'. I've had the car lowered on coilovers but the noises were there before hand.

Any advice is much appreciated. Cheers.:sm4:

P.S - it is just a January 2002 Audi A3 1.8t Sport 150.

I've had another odd issue crop up over the weekend. My ABS and ESP lights have come on and stay on constantly.

Cheers if you can help with any of these queries guys. :)

Have you had your car on VAGCOM to run some diagnostics to see if it brings up any faults??

Brake fluid/ABS lights could mean a faulty sensor if you have had the brakes all tested and checked.

Dont really know about the others unfortunately

Cheers
Nilz

VAG-COM it, only way to be sure. Either a good independent, some friendly soul from here or, failing that, your local Stealer.

Will get a VAGCOM on it at some stage. Is there anywhere specific I can buy VAGCOM from? I know there is eBay just don't trust that a lot these days.

Cheers anyway.

2) Brake Pad/Fluid warning light comes on randomly (obviously only when I press the brake) yet I've had the bakes checked at Awesome GTi and there is nothing wrong with the braking system.

electrical fault I would say as when my pads were worn it was on all the time,a short circuit somewhere and as for the noises...bear in mind it has hundreds of moving parts so your going to get some noises even brand new ones creak.

Sounds alright then. Nice one :)

Milz - spot on. I will get round to getting in contact with him a bit later. :)