S3 84k time for Cam belt?

Pinola

Reaction score
I have not had the S3 long and have already spent much more than I liked to but I’m thinking I need the cam belt done as I have no record of it ever being replaced. I have been looking on jabba sport site for prices I know I will need the belt changed and I will also get the water pump done anyway. What about the damper? If I have the belt and pump done its £350 but with damper it's £405 is it a must to have the damper done?

Yes pretty pointless not doing it as if it fails the belt can slip and destroy your engine.

on a 8L S3 can you can the damper to a normal manually adjustable pulley 16v pulley? like can be done on a MK4 VW golf 1.8T?

If you have a cambelt kit fitted is the damper included? Having mine done next week.

so dose £405 for the lot sound too much to have done

Labour will be quite high, as the whole front end needs to come off i believe, eg bumper etc...

I remember paying £270 for my cambelt, vee belt and waterpump change that was at Midland VW.

Think im paying £250 for my inc labour and water pump but ill tell you when i get it done.
Cool thanks jo.

Im looking at getting mine done also.

Audi Dealer has quoted me £329 and Awesome-GTI are asking £295

£400 seems pretty steep considering.

yeah but this is a price from the jabba-sport website not an audi dealer would have thought jabba would be cheaper than Audi
priced.png

yeah but this is a price from the jabba-sport website not an audi dealer would have thought jabba would be cheaper than Audi
priced.png

yes that seems a little expensive on the face of it.