Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

high speed cornering = warning light

hello
    i've got a a3 without the computer bit between dials which only has a warning light to tell you somethings wrong and not what it is. On a particular bit of road i drive along, a tight cornered exit sliproad which doubles back on itself so quite long too, each time i drive it at 70ish the warning light comes on and although definatly because of the corner i not sure why. The car has also got coilovers fitted and lowered about 100mm and doesn't have esp or traction control. i think i've check all the obivous things, levels, brake pads and discs etc but all are fine. So bit lost as to what is wrong or whether its just the cars ecu getting a bit confused as the warning light goes out after the corner
    thanks for any help

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: high speed cornering = warning light

I've had various cars where warning lights flash on a tight corner, usually it was for any of the fluids.
    The fluids, (oil, water, brake, clutch, screenwash) slosh to the other side during a tight corner.
    If the fluid level is slightly low it will trigger an alert, so make sure all your levels are topped up, then try it again.

imported_monkeytrousers

Are you sure it's not the ESP traction control kicking in? If the wheels are in danger of skidding the traction control takes over, reduces the power, and the warning light comes on. The same light comes on if you turn off the ESP system.

Not sure if this is the same light you mean.

5th Gear

Status

He does not have ESP or Traction Control.

I like the idea that a fluid sensor is being uncovered whist tight cornering, sounds sensible.

Kev.

5th Gear

Status

What light is it exactly??

Senior

Status

I would check the oil level and brake fluid level as you are getting surge in the corner, if it is the oil light it is because the oil pickup in the sump is being uncovered so starving the engine of oil, which will lead to damage!

6th Gear

Status

Could be the coolant sensor as that went on mine last year.

I used to park on a hill and the sensor put a fault on the dash saying I had low fluid............but when the car was level it stayed on unless I started the car a couple of times before it went.