Audi A3 Xexon Headlights

I

imported_unkle

I was talking to a friend the other day who drives a BMW, he said the xenon headlights in his Beemer had a option which switched them to a 'Continental' setting (He lives in Germany but has a UK Spec BMW every year). I was just wondering if the Audi Xenon headlights had the same options as no one Ive asked seem to have much info on them?

In the manual for my new A3, it has the following paragraph in connection with Driving Abroad and Xenon headlights

"To avoid dazzling other traffic, the dip settings of the headlights must be changed over accordingly. For safety reasons, you should have the dip settings changed by a qualified workshop"

So I assume that it must possible - perhaps your dealer with show you how !

Thanks for the info David, Ive tried dealerships in the UK and in Germany and no one can give me a straight answer, problem is if they dont flick over then I have to remove the UK lights and get some continental headlights fitted which even for the bog standard halogen ones is gonna cost a bit.

On the last model A3:

It's done manually via a small tin lever within each headlight assembly, not via vag.com. If you search, or look at my previous posts, I've explained how to do this before. The "safety reasons" quoted is because halogen/xenon lights are high voltage and therefore if you don't switch them off or take the precaution of removing either the fuse or disconnecting the battery you run the risk of killing yourself.

Don't know whether this still applies to the new A3, but I should think it's probably the same.

exactly as above its a mechanal shutter, not electrical.