ECU Re-setting After New Maf!

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Afternoon boys and girls.
Just want to know how do you re-set the ecu if you havent got vag com? Also do you have to re-set the ecu after fitting a new maf?

No need to reset, once the faulty part has been swapped, the ECU will re adapt itself within a few hunndred miles as to your driving style and keep the emisions all in check too

Pulling the battery can reset the learnt values, but make sure you have the radio code forst

You can reset the DBW throttle to see if it make a difference. Insert ignition key and turn to on so the dash lights up, but don't crank the car. Step on the throttle fully for 5 secs then release fully for 5 secs, now fire up the car, and the throttle will feel different to drive, in most cases, it will feel shraper, until it adapts to your driving style.

You can reset the DBW throttle to see if it make a difference. Insert ignition key and turn to on so the dash lights up, but don't crank the car. Step on the throttle fully for 5 secs then release fully for 5 secs, now fire up the car, and the throttle will feel different to drive, in most cases, it will feel shraper, until it adapts to your driving style.

Do you mean reset the throttle body?

Cheers mate, i thought the car would adjust its slef but afew people in the past have mentioned about re-setting the ecu which i couldnt understand why.

When I fitted my new MAF the car felt awful to drive and very juddery (Even worse than it was before). As I fitted it outside GSF I had to get home so I just unplugged it and carried on. When I got home I reset the fault code with vagcom and the car was perfect. I know what some people are saying when they say the car adjusts itself as my old golf anniversary seemed to sort itself out before I had vagcom. It seems some do and some dont.

What so when you fitted the new maf it throw a fault code up?

No not a new one, the ecu light just stayed on until it was reset. Only then did it drive how it should. I remember with my old Golf anniversary, the light went out after plugging in the new maf, turning off the ignition and restarting it. I didn't have vagcom in those days but it obviously didn't need it. Dont know why the Audi should be any different but it is (Well mine is anyway).

Sorry for the prehistoric thread revival, but it saves making a new one.

My new genuine Bosch MAF has just turned up from ECP and my cheapo VCDS lead won't be here until tomorrow.
My question is, do I definately need to reset the ECU, or just disconnect the battery for half an hour or so, connect up the MAF and reconnect the battery? Or do I not need to bother disconnecting the battery at all? Or should I just wait until my lead comes and do it then?
My apologies if this has been covered a thousand times already, I'm just after a definitive 'Yes' or 'No'.
Thanks,
-Callum.

Like mark said, it'll learn to adapt once you drive it along. Is your traction light on?

Yeah, my Traction light is on, no other lights though.
Will the Traction light go off as soon as it's swapped over and started back up?
I just wanted someone to come and confirm what was said before I go and do something stupid.
Cheers Gops.
-Callum

Should do.

The code will be stored, but the ESP light should go.

Thanks gents.
I'll go get cracking on with it.
-Callum.

Just been and done it, ESP light is off and running sweet. Thanks again fellas
-Callum