Diverter valves

pwnorman

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
Just want todo a few small bits before i get my car chipped just wondering which one to go for and how much are they.Look easy enough to fit so just after the best one that doesnt break the bank either.

[ QUOTE ]
berts S3 said:
Just want todo a few small bits before i get my car chipped just wondering which one to go for and how much are they.Look easy enough to fit so just after the best one that doesnt break the bank either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speak to RichA3Turbo, he sorted me out with one from his company, JBR Performance. Product is top quality, service is superb and speedy and the price is good. Send him a message!

[ QUOTE ]
berts S3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Get the OEM Bosch 710N for the best performance without bling and at a mere fraction of the cost of aftermarket ones or alternatively the Forge fast road DV, which has bling and performance, but do expect to have to replace the diaphragm at some point.

If you want something you're not going to touch again then go for a piston type DV not like the two above, but performance will be lost, although probably not noticable unless you're really looking for it.

As far as I am concerned there is no best aftermarket piston one, they are all much of a muchness and based on the Forge and Bailey, so go with price and the bling which it will bring to your engine bay...well what little you can see of it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

gammba what one do you have?

you seem to know what your talking about.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Audi A3 1.8TS said:
gammba what one do you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I originally had the 710C on my car, and then changed to the Stratmosphere hyperboost piston DV, which at the time did make a difference, due to my 710C being faulty.

I then had the car chipped and put the 710C back on, which within a week was completely fecked, as the diaphragm had ripped (Which is the downside of diaphragms). I'm now runing the 710N and will say that I beleive the performance to be better than the piston type (As in theory it should be) and personally would stick to the Bosch OEM units for reasons of cost and performance.

[ QUOTE ]

you seem to know what your talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a myth, I''m an engineer so have a knack for talking [censored]!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

lol..Yeah true

Cheers mate. A DV was my next mod. not quite sure

P.S. I wouldn't of even bothered with an aftermarket piston DV if I hadn't won it in a competition on here!