Lightweight alloys.

£400 for tryes, f me. whats the benifits of having thse £400 wheels instead of having just normal mid range 17" tryes ? will the £400 ones last twice as long?

Your only gonna get some pretty poor tyres for £50 a corner even in 17's. Remember your tyres are your only contact with the road. It always amazes me how much people are willing to spend on cars and mods for them yet are more than happy to skimp on good quality tyres. No matter how much you spend on light wheels and top quality suspension if you put cheap tyres on it, it will still handle like a dog. Just my 2p's worth.

yer i agree with you, just didnt realise they was that expensive, same price as the alloys themselves. how long would they last though, years ? or is done in miles?

yer i agree with you, just didnt realise they was that expensive, same price as the alloys themselves. how long would they last though, years ? or is done in miles?

Same price as the alloys?
£400?
For what?

I'd have expected any wheels worth having in my book, would cost £900-1000....and go up from there.

Tyres, I'd be expecting £400 minimum...probably nearer £500 for some decent stuff.

Each to their own, but I would not - ever - fit cheap wheels or tyres.

How long they last depends on alot of different factors mate, your suspension setup, driving style and of course the tyre in question. My last set of Yokohama Parada's lasted about 8-9k iirc hopefully ill get a few more miles out of the Michelin Pilot Sport 2's i have on at the minute. The Yokos used to cost me about £440 a set (in 225/40/18) and the Michelins were £550 for the set (and that was a special deal should have been £600+) just to give you an idea of pricing mate.

And to be frank, i cant afford the top notch tyres :(! so mid range for itll have to be.

And to be frank, i cant afford the top notch tyres :(! so mid range for itll have to be.

If you don't want to pay top price for Yoko Paradas, or Michelin PSs and the like, why not look at Toyo T1Rs?
They are significantly cheaper...and very grippy.
Maybe not the longest lasting though...

I've used them for years (and the T1-S before them) on my FWD GTI and find them superb.

Way better than the true budget stuff...and not that much more expensive.

ill take a look at them.

And i was saying, as you said £400! for alloys then said i would think of a good set of alloys being £800-£1000 or over. implying that the £400 alloys would be rubbish, but then earlier saying the pro 1.2's are suspose to be good, and there the ones im might be getting for around £400. But wandered whether you said it sarcasticly or not.

UIve heard good things about them to aswell, and being so cheap im looking into getting a set. if that makes sense.

£100 a corner for my F1 assymetrics but Ive never used a better tyre.

Advan Neova AD08's are my tyre of choice for the street, cant go past them. Over there they are around $450AUD a tyre in 235/40/18, not sure what that works out to be in £.