full service for £150

zeeeebo

Lifes one big laugh
Reaction score
hi guys just thought i would make a post after i put my car through a full service.

whats been done:
disks and pads all round
oil and filter change
air filter change
fuel filter change
spark plugs

in audi this would cost in the region of 390
in a local garage around 240

but me doing it myself was 150:icon_thumright: and i managed to mend the abs light!

ok so how did i save this much money! most of you probably know how to do all these bit and bobs but for those of you who dont......

i braught disks all round from euro car parts for £101 (this price included the abs sensor though)
the rest i braught from halford on trade card!

how to

1. disks and pads
- remove the wheel
-undo the 2 bolts thhat hold on the caliper
-pop the caliper off
-undo the other 2 bolts holding the pad part of the caliper (8mm allen key)
-undo the scrrew holding the disk on and put new disk on and do all the steps in reverse.
REMEMBER - back brake pistons need to be compressed and twisted clock wise till piston is fully back, you will need special tool for this
front pistons just can be compressed with wrench

2. oil filter and fuel filter and air filter and oil change

-oil change - on the bottom of the engine there is a bolt at the back undo this and it will empty the sump of oil!
-oil filter is located on the front of thhe engine bay and is like a black cylinder
-fuel filter is located about a foot from the back wheel and has a lead in and a lead out which will need to be unclipped. REMBER to put thhe fuel filter the right way round
- air filter is located on the right of the engine bay . just undo the 2 scres at the back and unclip the others and its a straight swap!

as i said by doing all this it took me about 2 hhours and saved me alot of money! and also by me doing it i know its all done properly:scared2:

hope this might help someone / perswade lazy people like me that you can save alot of money doing a self service

forgot to mention is a very breif description to do each step! also when your disk are off clean all the crap off the abs wheels

well done mate lol wish i was compantent enough to do work on my car!

I might give that a go, after my 500 quid cambelt and few other bits job at audi im gonna need to look after those pennys! thanks for the mini guide

oh and where did you get the discs from? i need some new front discs for the s3, are the ones you got any good?

got them from euro car parts, they are just basic disks, i am wearing them in at the mo but they seem good:)