Bumper lowers

Pat J

Getting there
Reaction score
I am looking at getting the bumper lowers colour coded on my '01 SE Tdi. I recently had the front bumper off to fit my ABT grille and noticed that the lowers are just clipped on. Did Audi do these as a pre-primed (smooth) part as well as the un-painted (dimpled) part?
If they did does anyone have the part numbers. Also did the rear lower come with a cut out for a straight out tailpipe similar to the S3 ones?

At the moment I don't want to go down the root of fitting S3 bumpers just making what I have look better.

All advice appreciated.

Pat J.:cool:

I have now fitted a Milltek turbo back exhaust to my car now and the garage that fitted it did a bit of a bodge job of cutting the rear bumper lower so that the exhaust sits correct. I am going to use my dremel to try and make it look spot on. Does anyone have a pic of an A3 bumper other than an S3 (the exhaust exits closer to the middle on an S3) and possibly the part number of the correct bumper lower to order.
All advice appreciated.

No one will have the details you need as it's only the S3 that exits through a cut out in the bumper. All other varients point downwards mate

Few pics of my one colour coded and cut.

100_0077.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

100_0078.jpg

Thanks for the pics thats what I'm going to do to mine as it looks spot on.

Cheers :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ok bit of a curve ball today. Parked my A3 next to my bosses '04 2.0 TDi (8M) and noticed the rear bumper is two piece as well and the exhausts look to exit at the same place and hers has an opening for the exhaust pipes straight out.
If I get the lower off one of these will it fit my (8L) model bumper replacing my lower with it.

All advice appreciated.

Pat J. :cool:

Ok I'm going to take a pic and post it up showing where my exhaust exits from as it looks like milltek have made it exit in the same place as an S3 and if so may look at putting an S3 bumper on.

Will post pic tonight.

hi mate just to let you know audi did produce a apron kit for the a3 8L you remove the lower sections and this kit clips to the bottoms of the bumpers and came with side skirts too, the kit is plastic and comes primed ready to paint and has the exhaust exit in the rear lower apron, kit was made for audi by a company called projektwo this kit is hard to find but can be got as i`ve got one for mine which is still in the box not fitted yet.