Removing rear wiper?

LiveWire

S3X
Reaction score
Looking for some advice, I have searched and can only find threads where S3 8P owners have removed the rear wiper.

I want to remove my rear wiper because iv never use it, and think removing it will make the rear end look better, has any one done this to their S3 8L??
Would it just be a case of removing the panel on the inside of the boot lid and disconecting and removing the motor, then source and use a suitable size grommit to fill the hole?? or is their anything else involved?..
I did notice a Audi-sport UK member from the US has removed his and used a glass plug to plug the hole..(I have PM'd him asking where he got the glass plug from but had no response)

Any advice would be very helpfull :respekt:

Hi mate iv just got the HAYNES MANUAL on my a3 and it shows you how to do it in there dont now if its the same for the s3.

Would it just be a case of removing the panel on the inside of the boot lid and disconecting and removing the motor, then source and use a suitable size grommit to fill the hole?? or is their anything else involved?..

never done this mod but I cannot see any more info is needed other than what you've covered,get any rubber/plastic disc/grommet to fill the hole.

never done this mod but I cannot see any more info is needed other than what you've covered,get any rubber/plastic disc/grommet to fill the hole.

Thanks, I thought as much, just wanted to be sure I was not going to run in to anything unexpected, I will also check the fuse box for a rear wiper fuse to remove before I take the motor out..

Iv always found it good to ask before wadeing in and breaking things...

Sorry to Hijack the thread but how do you go about removing it? I can't seem to get my boot panel off?

Hi,

Im gonna give it a go at the weekend, I think the hardest part will be taking the panel off and not breaking any clips, then its just gonna be a case of disconecting the wiper arm, and disconnecting, unbolting & removing the wiper motor, (after checking the fuse box to remove any fuse for rear wiper) and as said blank of the washer fluid pipe and order a glass plug to fill the gap..I will update the thread if anything else is required.

you have never used it ..... wow the S3 get a mucky **** quicker than a dose of ghandis revenge

I can honestly say I have never used the rear wiper, (It may not even work :shrug:) and I only cover 60 miles a week max, and wash the car every Sunday so no chance of the rear window becoming that dirty! I can easily replace the rear wiper if I were going to sell the car.

I took the rear wiper off around 2yrs ago, best thing i did! Its a good mod for people who keep their cars nice and shiney:) got the plug from venom and its very easy to do
P8050782.jpg

looking good sandip

Last edited:
Sorry to Hijack the thread but how do you go about removing it? I can't seem to get my boot panel off?

I started by removing the screws in the inside handle, then popping the bottom clips out along the bottom of the boot, then with a torch had a good look to see where the rest of the Push clips are and worked my way round to the window. I was Quite forcefull and didnt manage to break any clips!

i did this to my car, it was just a case of removing the boot panel, had to be a bit forceful but didnt break any clips, unscrew the motor, take the wiper off the motor usind a rachet, cant remember the size, think it was 13mm but may be wrong , can be a bit hard to pull off, i used wd40 to loosen as it was really stiff, then tape up the pipes that lead to the motor, then put a rubber grommit in the hole (got mine from halfords for about £2, i think its a one inch one, used some sealant under the grommit, waited for it to dry and then re-attach the boot panel and your done.

i did this to my car, it was just a case of removing the boot panel, had to be a bit forceful but didnt break any clips.

Yeah I just literally ripped the panel off, no other way to do it..I was worried I was gonna break something but didnt..

It was a bit messy making sure the gaps around the glass plug were filled with the black (sticky, orrible) gunk..I smeared it all over the place waited for it to dry, then just scraped all the excess off with a flat stanley blade.
Looks great now :arco:

100_0467.JPG

160054-735-551.jpg

I bought mine from http://www.glasshop24.it/ had to do a wire transfer as he didn't have his paypal set up yet, and then had to wait for it to clear from customs. You just have to talk to Bjorn, the owner of the company. His english sucks, but luckily I speak german fluently.

My buddy got one for his mkIV a couple weeks ago, paid with paypal, and got it within two weeks. We are both really happy with the way it turned out, and it's actually made out of glass.