rear brakes

rich-hill@hotmail.com

Reaction score
I had my front discs and pads replaced not to long ago. I've noticed now i am having increasing travel with the handbrake, so on inspection i could see the pads are getting low.

Where is the best place to buy OEM rear pads from and how much?

Also how do i tell if the discs are worn? I looked at them and here is a very small lip on them, but i have seen much much worse on previouse cars, they are all normal colour, no rusting etc.
So what should i look out for?

Best place to buy OEM rear discs if they do need replacing?

Thank you for your time and any help

Rich

you can adjust the handbrake if the pads still have a few mm on them if you want to replace them then GSF have them I think Zimmerman or Pagid are like OEM.

The discs sound ok but there is a min thickness that is often stamped into the edge of the disc but you sometimes can`t read it due to rusting.

Do you know what thckness the rear discs should be? I will measure them tomorrow.

Couldn't find any standard rear pads or discs, does anyone have the part numbers?

GSF will know what you need, as fingermouse said Zimmerman or the cheaper ones they do(I have those but can't remember the name) and Pagid pads.

Think the discs were about £17 each + VAT and the pads about £16 + vat for a set. Thats for an S3, A3 would be cheaper on discs as they are solid not vented.

Rears don't wear that much so for the sake of it just get um done tbh... you don't need anything special on the back as the braking effort is all at the front.

<tuffty/>