Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Audi-sports own special child.

Status

Talking Blue flame Or Pipewerx!

So planning on getting a Blueflame cat back exhaust system at the beginning of next year but along with it i was also planning on getting a 3" downpipe and de-cat but cant decide on wether to get the blueflame set up or the pipewerx set up.
    Had a talk to s3paul the other day ans said the fitting of the pipewerx was ****e, he had to get it chopped and re-welded to fit correctly, anyone else vouch for the fitting and also the quality of both items.
    Lastly im slightly swaying towards the blueflame setup after finding this bargain price:
    http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/power...e/audi/s3.html
    Its the fourth one down.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Pipewerx
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

Status
    You got a pipewerx set up though?

6th Gear

Status
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    i fitted my pipewerx myself didnt have to cut or modifiy anything, the pipewrex welds are really good as well top quality part although ive never seen a blueflame so cant comment on theres, one thing to consider though is that if you go for the de-cat version you will need a cat for MOT's and the std one will not fit the downpipe, i went for the sport cat and you really can see all the way through it there is now restriction there at all so id go sports cat with whom ever you buy from

Status
    Was waiting for you kev. The reason i want to know about fitting is paul said his sat really low and was virtualy catching speed bumps etc. How much did your set up cost?

Status
    pipewerx

Status
    Any reason for pipewerx guys? Heard alot of good things about blueflame!

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    Was waiting for you kev. The reason i want to know about fitting is paul said his sat really low and was virtualy catching speed bumps etc. How much did your set up cost?
    yeah my cat does sit low but i think its been designed to sit abit lower as it does get hot and the propshaft is just above it, its a pain over speed bumps as its to low for them really but when your under the car looking up at the system theres not alot of room for it to go any higher

1st Gear

Status
    i went for a s3 blue flame 3inch dp and sports cat 550 note or there abouts of ebay .
    ordered it on the 9th of july from amberperformance still no dp
    emailed them a couple of times with no reply.
    i wasnt expecting it the next day or that but that near been a month gettin a bitty peeved like
    so dani order now if you want it for next year
    Audi 1.8t quattro
    Mods :Evo 8 ralliart carbon fiber mud flaps ,forge 007p,k&n appolo cold air feed filter, ko4 turbo by backdraft that fits on ko3 mani
    will go big turbo soon though

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bansheeboyo View Post
    i went for a s3 blue flame 3inch dp and sports cat 550 note or there abouts of ebay .
    ordered it on the 9th of july from amberperformance still no dp
    emailed them a couple of times with no reply.
    i wasnt expecting it the next day or that but that near been a month gettin a bitty peeved like
    so dani order now if you want it for next year
    Yeah thats the company i was going to order off but found that internet one instead and plus they give you a discount if pushed (im a cheeky t**t )
    Well was thinking about buying now at that price.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sandip View Post
    Loved the vids - sounded great - looked like the camera man was fainting in the first one from the fumes!! LOL

I'd get rid of the last vid if I were you though (the one pulling away) - for obvious reasons!!

Sounded great though!!

Good to see you planning in advance though Dani!!
    2003 ARY A3 TQS - totally bog except for 18" Dezent Motion Blacks - Hopefully the Brembo Jr will fit these and I can start to update my sig!!

2nd Gear

Status
    This seems like a great price for the Blueflame. Does it not seem a bit too cheap to anyone else??

Neutral

Status
    BlueFlame have been around for years are are the OEM supplier to the likes of Lotus and TVR. Ran a BF on my MK4 R32, great piece of kit, very well made.

A3 1.8T Quattro (2001 | Y) - Black, 5DR, Full Leather, Recaros, Climate, CD, Elec Everything, TT Alloys
    BMW 320 MSport Touring (2007 | 57) - Le Mans Blue, 18" MV3s, PDC, Cruise, CAR

Neutral

Status
    anyone ever fitted the blueflame one? maybe interested in gettin one to

Audi s3 apy stage 2 revo remap,custom front mount cooler, green cotten air filter, forge dv+samco relocation,silicone re circpipe, TIP, N75j, smoothed air box valve, 3" stainless downpipe and sports cat, boost guage, braided goodridge braided front brake lines, red stuff pads,drilled grooved front disks, grooved rear disks,weitec shocks n springs, LCR splitter, facelift rears, 10k HiDs and 18" tt rims and HnR wheel spacers

1st Gear

Status
    I am also in the market for a Blueflame DP and Cat.

If anyone finds a cheap, reliable place to buy one.....

Looking to couple it to a CR Hybrid turbo.
    Last edited by jm-baker; 13th August 2009 at 21:53.

Status
    Dont you lot bi copying mi haha.
    The website i posted up do the DP and CAT set up aswell and its the cheapest.

Neutral

Status
    have you fitted yet fella? any ideas how good the fitment is. also any ideas weather you can bolt the old cat back in to the decat system easily?

Audi s3 apy stage 2 revo remap,custom front mount cooler, green cotten air filter, forge dv+samco relocation,silicone re circpipe, TIP, N75j, smoothed air box valve, 3" stainless downpipe and sports cat, boost guage, braided goodridge braided front brake lines, red stuff pads,drilled grooved front disks, grooved rear disks,weitec shocks n springs, LCR splitter, facelift rears, 10k HiDs and 18" tt rims and HnR wheel spacers

thinking about stuff

Status
    Pipewerx use blueflame boxes and Ian who runs piperwerx was the top development guy for Blueflame before setting up on his own. So go to pipewerx!

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC
    1992 Burgundy Pearl Corrado VR6 - A20 LEE

Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    Yeh Im wondering if the blueflame dp and cat will bolt to the standard cat back system and easily.

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

1st Gear

Status
    AFTER A LONG WAIT ifinally recived my dp but cant see the motorsport cat ??? just a long bit of pipe tht bolts onto dp decat perhaps ???
    the welds are all good had my neighbour check them with some special dye or somthing
    dp looks well smart pitty i cant use it as have decided to go gt28rs route instead of hybrid been told the garrets are better so will just bite the bullet and buy one from yankeyland
    Audi 1.8t quattro
    Mods :Evo 8 ralliart carbon fiber mud flaps ,forge 007p,k&n appolo cold air feed filter, ko4 turbo by backdraft that fits on ko3 mani

1st Gear

Status
    any one know if i could use the bf dp that has a ko4 flange and some how alter it to fit onto the gt28rs
    cheers scott
    Audi 1.8t quattro

Big power = Big smile....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leecs3 View Post
    Pipewerx use blueflame boxes and Ian who runs piperwerx was the top development guy for Blueflame before setting up on his own. So go to pipewerx!
    +1, though I thought Pipewerx used their own boxes for the system. Ian definitely developed the downpipe himself and the Blueflame one is similar to his, if not identical!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    So planning on getting a Blueflame cat back exhaust system at the beginning of next year but along with it i was also planning on getting a 3" downpipe and de-cat but cant decide on wether to get the blueflame set up or the pipewerx set up.
    Had a talk to s3paul the other day ans said the fitting of the pipewerx was ****e, he had to get it chopped and re-welded to fit correctly, anyone else vouch for the fitting and also the quality of both items.
    Talking to Pipewerx the other day he mentioned that he'd not had a single complaint from all the downpipes they had sold, so best to contact him if there were issues.
    Personally all the kit I've had from him has been spot on and you can't fault his technical knowledge - have you seen his twin engined Caddy??!!! (btw I'm not related to Ian or on Pipewerx commision!!)
    Pablos007 | B7 RS4 Saloon | Daytona Grey | Titan Alloys