Blue flame Or Pipewerx!

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So planning on getting a Blueflame cat back exhaust system at the beginning of next year but along with it i was also planning on getting a 3" downpipe and de-cat but cant decide on wether to get the blueflame set up or the pipewerx set up.
Had a talk to s3paul the other day ans said the fitting of the pipewerx was *****, he had to get it chopped and re-welded to fit correctly, anyone else vouch for the fitting and also the quality of both items.
Lastly im slightly swaying towards the blueflame setup after finding this bargain price:
http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/power/blueflame-decat-pipe/audi/s3.html
Its the fourth one down.

i fitted my pipewerx myself didnt have to cut or modifiy anything, the pipewrex welds are really good as well top quality part although ive never seen a blueflame so cant comment on theres, one thing to consider though is that if you go for the de-cat version you will need a cat for MOT's and the std one will not fit the downpipe, i went for the sport cat and you really can see all the way through it there is now restriction there at all so id go sports cat with whom ever you buy from

Was waiting for you kev. The reason i want to know about fitting is paul said his sat really low and was virtualy catching speed bumps etc. How much did your set up cost?

Any reason for pipewerx guys? Heard alot of good things about blueflame!

Was waiting for you kev. The reason i want to know about fitting is paul said his sat really low and was virtualy catching speed bumps etc. How much did your set up cost?
yeah my cat does sit low but i think its been designed to sit abit lower as it does get hot and the propshaft is just above it, its a pain over speed bumps as its to low for them really but when your under the car looking up at the system theres not alot of room for it to go any higher

i went for a s3 blue flame 3inch dp and sports cat 550 note or there abouts of ebay .
ordered it on the 9th of july from amberperformance still no dp
emailed them a couple of times with no reply.
i wasnt expecting it the next day or that but that near been a month gettin a bitty peeved like
so dani order now if you want it for next year:)

i went for a s3 blue flame 3inch dp and sports cat 550 note or there abouts of ebay .
ordered it on the 9th of july from amberperformance still no dp
emailed them a couple of times with no reply.
i wasnt expecting it the next day or that but that near been a month gettin a bitty peeved like
so dani order now if you want it for next year:)

Yeah thats the company i was going to order off but found that internet one instead and plus they give you a discount if pushed (im a cheeky t**t :))
Well was thinking about buying now at that price.

BlueFlame have been around for years are are the OEM supplier to the likes of Lotus and TVR. Ran a BF on my MK4 R32, great piece of kit, very well made.

:)

I am also in the market for a Blueflame DP and Cat.

If anyone finds a cheap, reliable place to buy one.....

Looking to couple it to a CR Hybrid turbo.

Last edited:
Dont you lot bi copying mi haha.
The website i posted up do the DP and CAT set up aswell and its the cheapest.

have you fitted yet fella? any ideas how good the fitment is. also any ideas weather you can bolt the old cat back in to the decat system easily?

Pipewerx use blueflame boxes and Ian who runs piperwerx was the top development guy for Blueflame before setting up on his own. So go to pipewerx!

Yeh Im wondering if the blueflame dp and cat will bolt to the standard cat back system and easily.

AFTER A LONG WAIT ifinally recived my dp but cant see the motorsport cat ??? just a long bit of pipe tht bolts onto dp decat perhaps ???
the welds are all good had my neighbour check them with some special dye or somthing
dp looks well smart pitty i cant use it as have decided to go gt28rs route instead of hybrid been told the garrets are better so will just bite the bullet and buy one from yankeyland

any one know if i could use the bf dp that has a ko4 flange and some how alter it to fit onto the gt28rs
cheers scott

Pipewerx use blueflame boxes and Ian who runs piperwerx was the top development guy for Blueflame before setting up on his own. So go to pipewerx!
+1, though I thought Pipewerx used their own boxes for the system. Ian definitely developed the downpipe himself and the Blueflame one is similar to his, if not identical!!

So planning on getting a Blueflame cat back exhaust system at the beginning of next year but along with it i was also planning on getting a 3" downpipe and de-cat but cant decide on wether to get the blueflame set up or the pipewerx set up.
Had a talk to s3paul the other day ans said the fitting of the pipewerx was *****, he had to get it chopped and re-welded to fit correctly, anyone else vouch for the fitting and also the quality of both items.
Talking to Pipewerx the other day he mentioned that he'd not had a single complaint from all the downpipes they had sold, so best to contact him if there were issues.
Personally all the kit I've had from him has been spot on and you can't fault his technical knowledge - have you seen his twin engined Caddy??!!! :icon_thumright: (btw I'm not related to Ian or on Pipewerx commision!!)