SEAT Leon Cupra R Front Bumper Splitter fitting?

This is the way I fitted mine and I am very happy with it but im sure other people have done it their own way. hope this guide helps..

HERE GO'S....

First thing you need to do is get some self tapping screws, then you need to trim each fixing tab (about 12 if I remember correctly) on the splitter, you want to get each tab flat, so it sits flat against your bumper. I used a sharp stanley blade to do this (be carfull to not cut yourself)
Next trim the 2 long plastic posts on the middle of the splitter, bearing in mind how much of the 2 plastic posts needs to be left to hold it off your bumper the right amount, dont take to much off because you will ruin the splitter, best way is to remove the plastic gradually so that you dont take to much off & keep holding the splitter against the bumper every 1/8 of an inch you remove till you have trimmed enough off for it to sit correctly,
!!dont rush this part because you want the splitter to sit correctly against the bumper and it is very easy to take to much plastic off!!

Then you need to jack your car up, or remove the front bumper.
use masking tape to hold the splitter where you want it. Check it from every angle to make sure it is in the right possition for you..
Once you are happy with the possition, you want to get a drill and drill small holes in the first 2 fixing tabs going through the bumper at the same time, start nearist the centre, (you must fix from inside out so that the splitter does not bow at all)
When you make your way round to the corners (drilling and fixing each tab as you go) the splitter will not fit as the bumper has a contour to it so you will need a heat gun to heat the edges up so they will shape up to the bumper (I used a old hairdryer wich worked fine for me) when they are warm enough bend them to the shape of the bumper that runs round the side...before doing this you will need to trim a few inches of the splitter because it will be to long on both sides. again be sure not to trim to much off.
You can cut it so the end of the splitter sits flush against the wheel arch liner that pretudes slightly on the front of the wheel arch (like a tiny mud guard), or like me cut it about half an inch from flush, so there is a small gap between the end of the splitter and tiny mud guard...then drill the other fixing tabs making sure both ends of the splitter fit tight to the bumper, (you may have to re heat to get them tight enough)

Finally check the screws are tight enough and make sure everything looks in line. I think that covers everything!!! ***just remember take your time trimming all the tabs and 2 centre posts because it is very easy to mess this part up, rendering you new splitter useless***

ps Sorry I cant add images, im sat at work :motz:

Last edited:
Reactions: T33_BKD
LOL, or follow that link!!! I took so long writing the guide I thought id be the first to reply!!! I wish I knew of the linked guide as I searched for a guide just before I fitted mine!!! O well....:banghead:

Sorry about that mate lol. Your car looks wkd in your sig! First S3 i've seen in that colour. Even though i noticed there another member with the colour on here lol. You might aswell start your own guide make it easier for people when they come to search?

Thanks
Ashley

Sorry about that mate lol. Your car looks wkd in your sig! First S3 i've seen in that colour. Even though i noticed there another member with the colour on here lol. You might aswell start your own guide make it easier for people when they come to search?

Thanks
Ashley

Thanks for the compliment, the stupid thing is the splitter is not even fitted to my car in the sig picture!! I will update my sig picture tomorrow so the splitter can be seen..:respekt:

**Updated**
AudiS3010-1.jpg

AudiS3007-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment, the stupid thing is the splitter is not even fitted to my car in the sig picture!! I will update my sig picture tomorrow so the splitter can be seen..:respekt:

Lol cool looking forward to seeing it. It has to be at the same standards as your sig pic or better;):thumbsup:

Managed to get some good photos today of the splitter on my car, I have updated my previous post, hope you like...

**Updated**
AudiS3010-1.jpg

AudiS3007-1.jpg

Car looks great, love the colour and the design on the alloys...They do curve in a lot. Splitter does looks good aswell finishes the front of nicely. Where you get the alloys from?