URGENT - HELP NEEDED CAR IN BITS

S3_MCD

Reaction score
In process of fitting new Black Diamond discs and Predator pads to front of S3. All parts removed and the old pads have a female wear indicator connector, however, the new pads have a male connector?! Visually pads look the same (shape, size, etc), is this correct?! Should I a) refit the old pads and talk to supplier on Monday or b) am I ok to cut and remove connector from old pad and fit to new pad? Urgent advice requested please guys! Thanks Marcus.

To Exchange the pads YOU CANNOT cut the connectors, to make fit, Personally I'd refit old ones until Monday and exchange the part, Bitch I know but at least you'll be satisfied and have a parts warranty...

Refit the old ones, call it a day for now and have a cool one on me!

cheers 28v6 ....
but posted too late, couldnt really see why they couldnt be cut and swapped over, so I did it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Old female connector now sits where the male one did (pad side), all soldered up and insulated off.
All said and done panic over, disc'n'pads fitted, seem to be bedding in well!
Will be tackling the rears next week.

Improvisation thats the spirit they all work the same way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif
Polarity is not important either.

[ QUOTE ]
S3_MCD said:

[/ QUOTE ]

make sure that you have the correct tool for winding the calliper back....pain in the **** without it and risk damaging the calliper.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
S3_MCD said:

[/ QUOTE ]

make sure that you have the correct tool for winding the calliper back....pain in the **** without it and risk damaging the calliper.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so winding the rear calliper back ... i assume its notched and you push and "screw" it back in?? where do u get the tool from, expensive?? Can I manufacture a tool that will do the job..

As for the fronts - seems to be fine, the improvisation of the connectors has worked well. Only 60 miles worth of easy bedding and they have started to bite and appear to be at least as good as standard already. Looking forward to putting them under some pressure in a few hundred miles time.

Any advice on the rear tool (sounds a bit rude) would be appreciated.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Halfords sell a suitable tool. Or if you have some square bar, threaded rod and the same size tap you could make one.

in what order did u bleed the brakes ?

i think there is a certain way

didnt, took my time in slowly compressing the caliper with a G-clamp and removing XS fluid straight with a large syringe.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif