1.8T and the Quattro?

Isnt the Fwd 1.8t a ko3 and the quattro a ko3s!

Not all 1.8TQS have the K03s turbo, only the later ones.

Stating the obvious, The whole 4wd system.

The 4wd system gives it more power? cant see how that one works?

If it is just an upgrade to the turbo, then a remap to get the most from both the engine and the turbo....... simple...

But then the question, what other turbo's??, then would you not need to upgrade other parts for the larger turbo?

Not looking to ramp it right up, just an extra 50 or so bhp will do...

Stating the obvious, The whole 4wd system.

Audi gave the TQS more power soit didn't feel slower than the FWD varient because of the extra weight it has to lug around. Hence the map and a few other tweeks.

First of all, establish if your car has a K03s (http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=74563)

If it has, winna... just get a remap, else you will have to source one form ebay or a breakers... or you could go Hybrid. CR Turbos do a K04 hybrid that uses the K03 hotside so you ca use all your existing parts. You will prolly need to change the injectors for S3 ones and the MAF housing though.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=216627

The cheapest and hassle free option is a straight Stage 1 remap then decide what you want from there.

If you have a K03 then Revo remapped power is around 190bhp/225ftlbs. On a K03s this rises to 207bhp/232ftlbs (please note they did K03s cars in both 150bhp and 180bhp)

The choice (as they say) is yours :)

<tuffty/>

The 4wd system gives it more power? cant see how that one works?.......

I think hooley was answering your first question:

"what's the difference between the 1.8T and the a.8T Quattro?"

You're right, the 4wd doesn't add any power.

a custom remap on a ko3s can you give results of up to 225bhp with 270lb torque, but usually around 250lb torque. but they are around 100-200 pound dearer.

Im pretty sure u will need more than just a custom map to achieve 225bhp on a standard ko3s, sure someone will come along soon and prove me right or wrong either way tho.

The 4wd system gives it more power? cant see how that one works?

The first question was:
Morning people, what's the difference between the 1.8T and the a.8T Quattro?

The answer:Stating the obvious, The whole 4wd system.

Did you notice the question mark as the end to the sentence?

I'll soon have a K04 setup from my S3 up for grabs when I have my BT fitted... turbo, mani, silicon TIP, injectors, downpipe etc...

:sign_plug:

<tuffty/>

Sorry I did mean power wise, as I thought the 4wd system would only slow it down, hence the extra power to cope with the extra weight.... my bad!

The first question was:
Morning people, what's the difference between the 1.8T and the a.8T Quattro?

The answer:Stating the obvious, The whole 4wd system.

Did you notice the question mark as the end to the sentence?

it helps to have probally an exaust and a few other mods to get maximum air flow. theres on a few people on here running them at 225bhp or around that mark

I'll soon have a K04 setup from my S3 up for grabs when I have my BT fitted... turbo, mani, silicon TIP, injectors, downpipe etc...

:sign_plug:

<tuffty/>

Selling parts individually? I could do with an intake manifold if your changing that and wouldnt mind a 2nd turbo lol