remaps

big-3

Reaction score
hey all been thinkig about a remap not being to knowledgeable about these things hopeing to find out the pro's and cons of having one done and also what gains people had found?

preferably from 1.8 turbo engines mines a 180 engine bin told by a local tuning company they can get 50bhp and 60sft increase this sound about right?

thanks

hi mate phone 01642 714200 ask for mark, this is automark in stokesley i would reccomend him 100% he does proper custom remaps my s4 is quicker than 100bhp more powerful audi S4's on youtube videos
There are no cons really either just all pro's i get better mpg its alot smoother,pulls harder and longer and only cost an extra £50 on my insurance, simples

Last edited:
If you do a search there are LOTS of threads covering this, however the main ones people go for on here are:

Custom Code and Revo

for the power gains your on a bout, you wants a custom, 50bhp is a bit far fetched really..225 is the max people get. ..youll need a forge 007 diverter valve, a better panel filter, ive got a green cotton, and a forge tip to get the most out of a custom remap, generic maps wou8ld give us 180engines about 205bhp.

thanks everyone for the reply's i'm looking in to getting the uprated parts to help the map

ill have to ask what kind of map he was on about as he didn't specify , custom or generic

he probally means custom, as you cant get that power of a generic i dont think. they are about 100 quid dearer though or more. but im getting my handling done first. just about to do my brake upgrade this month hiopefully..needs discs then im done.

If you do a search there are LOTS of threads covering this, however the main ones people go for on here are:

Custom Code and Revo

There's probably 100's of threads on these forums discussing remaps - have a quick search. It may depend on where you live and probably who's closest to you, but if you don't mind travelling a whole host of others come to mind. Revo & Custom Code have already been mentioned, I would add to them the following:

AMD
APR
MTM
Oettinger
ABT

Happy hunting!!