LED side lights

mattyboy199

Reaction score
Ok guys one of my piaa LED side lights has failed they have been reliable for about 2.5years but are exspensive to replace.

Just wondered what everyone else is running & how long for without any problems ?

Thanks

Matt

it seems all those guys with LED sidelights have moved on

If I'm right, the 8L sidelights are 501's, in which case I have some which I used for a short while in my previous car. They are The Ultimate II 501/T10/194 1 x 1 Watt Ultra Xenon White from UltraLED's worth £14.68 + delivery for 2. I've purchased MANY LED's from UltraLED's and haven't had a prob, they're expensive but you get what you pay for. I'll let these go for a tenner posted if you're interested, they are very good and very bright & I'd be using them now if it wasn't for the LED DRL's I have. I've just spent £50+ replacing the interior lights with LED's from there too, unfortunately couldn't use these bulbs as I need bulbs with a wider angle (that point down and not ahead) for puddle lights etc.

Last edited:
If I'm right, the 8L sidelights are 501's, in which case I have some which I used for a short while in my previous car. They are The Ultimate II 501/T10/194 1 x 1 Watt Ultra Xenon White from UltraLED's worth £14.68 + delivery for 2. I've purchased MANY LED's from UltraLED's and haven't had a prob, they're expensive but you get what you pay for. I'll let these go for a tenner posted if you're interested, they are very good and very bright & I'd be using them now if it wasn't for the LED DRL's I have. I've just spent £50+ replacing the interior lights with LED's from there too, unfortunately couldn't use these bulbs as I need bulbs with a wider angle (that point down and not ahead) for puddle lights etc.

If these dont get taken I'll take them off you if you're going to be at Audi's in the Park at the weekend :).

Not wanting to step on anyones toes though so no problemo if they're required for someone else :)

If these dont get taken I'll take them off you if you're going to be at Audi's in the Park at the weekend :).

Not wanting to step on anyones toes though so no problemo if they're required for someone else :)

Hi mate, if mattyboy199 doesn't want them (since I've offered 'em here first), I'll be there. :yes:

Hi mate, if mattyboy199 doesn't want them (since I've offered 'em here first), I'll be there. :yes:

Awesome mate, as I said....I dont want to swoop them from under someone elses nose so we'll wait and see how it goes.

I presume they're a nice bright white?, as the last white ones I ordered where actually a bluey and not legal so I didnt keep them fitted, I think they're in the puddle lights now as I had to find somewhere to fit them rather than bin them :)

Tom

Last edited:
Awesome mate, as I said....I dont want to swoop them from under someone elses nose so we'll wait and see how it goes.

I presume they're a nice bright white?, as the last white ones I ordered where actually a bluey and not legal so I didnt keep them fitted, I think they're in the puddle lights now as I had to find somewhere to fit them rather than bin them :)

Tom

Hi mate,

They produce a cool white light, similar to 6000k xenons that I had in my old car, by no means 'blue' but they do have a blue tinge to them like most cool/xenon white LED's.

Scott

Hi mate,

They produce a cool white light, similar to 6000k xenons that I had in my old car, by no means 'blue' but they do have a blue tinge to them like most cool/xenon white LED's.

Scott

Cool, the ones I got (advertised as 'brilliant white') were just blue, needless to say they were removed pretty quick!.

Cool, the ones I got (advertised as 'brilliant white') were just blue, needless to say they were removed pretty quick!.

I've had all kinds of dodgy bulbs, really fustrates me but I guarantee that everything sold by UltraLED's is pretty high quality and work as stated. PM me your number mate and I'll give you a text when we're there if they haven't sold. Are you going Saturday or Sunday?

i ve actually bought festoon bulbs from ulta led's before, for the rear number plate all of which have blown :-(. I ll take you up on your offer though of £10 let me know your email & i ll send funds via paypal.

My numberplate festoons blew too so I went back to standard ones.

They were great for about 6 weeks, then they both went :(

PIAA Ones here for the last 5 years no probelms, and since blowing over 20 in the A3 in just over one year of ownership have swapped them out to PIAA for the last 3 months and all is well

The festoons in the number plate lights were from Ebay, and contain a single large surface mount type LED and these too have been faultless

problem with Piaa is the cost ! gonna look into the surface mounters !

oh i have some Piaa LEDS's for sale see below

SO are the Piaa ones really expensive then?

If they're white, and worth it I might consider getting some.

yeah do a search you can get all sorts !

Last edited: