710N bypass valve

Markb

Reaction score
Is it worth upgrading the standard one on my T Sport to this? I take it that this will fit the T Sport?

Also do you know whether this is the part no: 0 280 142 114?

Cheers

Mark

I believe there has been post like this before, if i remember rightly some people recommended changing it to the 710P which i think is used in the RS6.
But i cant remember the reasons for this , obviously its an upgrade to ours.

I would also be greatfull if some one could shed some light on this topic and what improvments the 710P will make over the orig 710N

Hmm someone must know LOL

I need to change mine as it's on its way out. So I might as well get the better OEM one.

Ok, where to start....

Most older A3's will have a 710C or slighly later variant fitted, which as we are all aware tend to fail at some stage, especially on chipped cars. The 710 DV has been through numerous changes by Bosch to improve the realiability of the unit giving us the 710N now for the A3/S3/A4/Golf/Beetle etc... which is definately an improvement over the earlier versions in terms of lifetime. My guess is that the diaphragm material has been changed to reduce the effects that oil/fuel vapours have on it as well as generally improve it's durability. The spring on the 710N also seems slightly stronger, probably making for better seating of the valve.

The 710P from the RS6 IIRC only has a slightly stronger spring allowing a higher boost to maintained in the system when shifting.

To be honest I can't remember which I have on A3T at the moment, but over the aftermarket piston type and my fecked 710C is a vast improvement.

710N = 06A145710N
710P = 06A145710P

I've been meaning to post my impressions on the 710P for a while, but keep forgetting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif But anyway, I found (in completely UN-Scientific research /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif) that the spring in the 710N is actually a bit stronger than the "P". This was determined by sticking my finger in the damned thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif But if you've something/somehow to test it, I can bring the 710N and "P" along Daniel? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Just an idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif