Volks AutosBadger5
    Lifes one big laugh

Status

Revo chip and ticking

ok so im looking at getting a revo chip, i have had a look around and the best price i can find is 380! is this a reasonble price?

also my engine is very ticky from the injectors and tappets and the black charcoal box

anything can be done to make it quieter?

also when cold in the morning my power stering makes the worst groaning noise ever!! is this normal? lierally 2 miles down the road it will stop!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeeebo View Post
    ok so im looking at getting a revo chip, i have had a look around and the best price i can find is 380! is this a reasonble price?
    Sounds about right for a stage 1 remap

also my engine is very ticky from the injectors and tappets and the black charcoal box

anything can be done to make it quieter?
    This is normal for injectors and charcoal filter, I assume this is with the bonnet up? If your 'tappets' are indeed noisy this could be low/thin oil or lazy a follower but without hearing the noise it will be difficult to diagnose. When was the last time the oil was changed? What grade? Have you checked the level? Mileage of the car?

also when cold in the morning my power stering makes the worst groaning noise ever!! is this normal? lierally 2 miles down the road it will stop!
    Check your power steering fluid level and top up if required, sounds like its too low.

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    its just rolled over 140k and says oil is due but i did change the oil about 1000m ago with 10w 40(i think off the top of my head)! how do you get the oil service to go away? i tried a few suggestions but none have worked!

its a audi a3 1.8t sport.

with regards to the carcoal thing is there any way of cleaning it to stop making it tick? and with the injectors will getting a new rail sort this ticking out?

6th Gear

Status
    could be the cam chain tensioners making that ticking noise i think i have a similar problem, quite expensive to fix, but doesnt will not damage your engine.
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

Neutral

Status
    I have noticed a ticking noise comeing from the front driverside of the car near the washer bottle, any ideas?

4th Gear

Status
    sounds like your cambelt needs doing mate! wouldnt recommend driving the car!
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

Neutral

Status
    Not coming from the belt i sounds like it came from behind the washer bottle. Its only made the noise once and went away again.

Neutral

Status
    Sused it out seems to be the charcoal boxamajig

4th Gear

Status
    Sounds like charcoal, I have the same sound as well, power steering has a louder uneven tone, also milky as it bubles away when you remove the cap.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

5th Gear

Status
    How does this charcoal thingy work then? Why the tick? Is it burning something off?
    AUTOMAP
    Mobile ECU Remapping Services

automap.remapping@gmail.com
    www.eliteremaps.com