Tyre Wear

rich-hill@hotmail.com

Reaction score
I have an s3.

On a standard set up should the tyres at the front wear unevenly? I have noticed that the insde of the fronts has worn much more than the outside.
I was insure if this is normal or not?

Last edited:
Sounds like your tracking is out mate. I started to notice that my steering wheel would vibrate at 85mph, so i decided to check my tyres and notice that there were almost down to the white, the tyres were only 4 months old and cost me £320 to replace. the tracking cost me £15, so id get it checked out if I were u.

Your fronts will go quicker than your rears, but the wear should be even across the tyre width. As, said, get a 4-wheel alignment done.

[edit] and check your tyre pressures as well

Mine have done this also and I had the tracking checked when i had the tyres replaced in December
The passenger side has worn more than the drivers side as well, I am told by a mate that his used to do this when he spent too much time having fun on roundabouts though lol.

thered have to be continues for miles wouldnt they for the bumps to wear down tyres.

i heard taking roudabouts sideways wears out tyres in random spots quicker too:laugh:

thered have to be continues for miles wouldnt they for the bumps to wear down tyres.

You'd be surprised. Check out something like Honest John on the Telegraph forum. There number of people who have reported tyres being worn through to the wires on the inside edges due to riding over humped speed bumps at speed. OK, it doesn't happen overnight but over time it will cause premature wear and damage.

uneven tyre wear is a trait of the S3