My bose head unit is making me sad....

s3boris

Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone tell me what the problem is with my bose head unit. The volume switch either makes it go full volume or virtually silent ? Can this be repaired or do i need to go and buy a new head unit? ( it is tha original standard fit in my 2000 s3 )
Any help would be great.....Taa:keule::blackrs4:

Do a search on the dreaded volume problem. Don't feel unlucky it will effect every Concert HU eventually after 10,000 changes in volume, bass or treble.
There is a repair but it's quite involved, new controller, new RAM and new firmware, costs about £90 IIRC. Be careful buying a replacement on ebay a they will all suffer the same fate eventually. Some dealers do some special offers on ebay with a revised HU for around £130 with 12 month warranty. Or take this as an opportunity to upgrade and get something with iPOD and mp3 support. My preference is the Becker GP as it's quality, is compatible with the Bose system (no popping) and looks totally stock:
http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/GP7992_becker-grand-prix-7992-cdmp3wma-tuner.html

Do you know what the deal is with the cd changer? I have the 6 disc in the dash. I take it my current HU and change are all one? Although I guess being mp3 wont need a cd changer.