Just got my new Performance Haldex ECU

Sounds good mate, be interesting to hear what you think

Right here is my report of the Haldex Performance ECU

Lets start with fitting

You don't have that much room to work with as its next to the diff filter, remove the plugs from the ECU, remove the beam bolt thats near it as this will give you a bit more room to get it out, and then unbolt the ECU and with a little wiggling of the unit it should come out.

Refitting is the same but in reverse. follow the instructions that come with the ECU as the rubber band idea for the gasket is a good one.

I was lucky to of borrowed a poster lift to do this but if you are on one then i would recommend that you put it in 1st gear and start the engine to look out for any leaks from the gasket

Now what it was like to drive after?

Well at first under normal driving nothing seamed to of changed? thats until you put your foot down then the fun begins!

To me it really does feel like you are been pushed rather than pulled along so if your running higher boost than standard you will feel this even more, its a strange feeling but its fun, cornering is best as i was looking for 90 deg 2nd gear bends that you could put your foot down to get the rear end to oversteer witch it does, entering the corner my car understeered ( crap budget performance tyres ) then the Haldex felt it was doing that then it went into oversteer.

The only down side is the price at £660 ish depending on were you get it from?

Off now to go for a spin to enjoy my 50/50 torque split

Right here is my report of the Haldex Performance ECU

Lets start with fitting

You don't have that much room to work with as its next to the diff filter, remove the plugs from the ECU, remove the beam bolt thats near it as this will give you a bit more room to get it out, and then unbolt the ECU and with a little wiggling of the unit it should come out.

Refitting is the same but in reverse. follow the instructions that come with the ECU as the rubber band idea for the gasket is a good one.

I was lucky to of borrowed a poster lift to do this but if you are on one then i would recommend that you put it in 1st gear and start the engine to look out for any leaks from the gasket

Now what it was like to drive after?

Well at first under normal driving nothing seamed to of changed? thats until you put your foot down then the fun begins!

To me it really does feel like you are been pushed rather than pulled along so if your running higher boost than standard you will feel this even more, its a strange feeling but its fun, cornering is best as i was looking for 90 deg 2nd gear bends that you could put your foot down to get the rear end to oversteer witch it does, entering the corner my car understeered ( crap budget performance tyres ) then the Haldex felt it was doing that then it went into oversteer.

The only down side is the price at £660 ish depending on were you get it from?

Off now to go for a spin to enjoy my 50/50 torque split

It depends?

If your fitting it to a standard car then i don't think you will feel the benefits of it

If your fitting it to a modified car with 300bhp+ then i would say it is

My car is standard ish with only a few modification but i'm planning to do lots more to it so for me i'm just prepping the car for more power

To me i think it will be worth it in the end

.....To me i think it will be worth it in the end

To me, that's all that matters, it's your money to spend how you will :cool:

Glad you're enjoying it, it's something I will also do eventually, as I've heard nothing but good things about them really.

I think we all have our "build programme" in our heads and for me this is something for further down the line.

Something you didn't mention - how long did it take you to do?