AH FabricationsVolks Autos

Thread: Shocked

ZoomZoom

Status

Shocked

Bit random but just went to fill my car up and on the way home thought i would go 4 fast drive down the industral estate on the duel carrage way, anyways had a peugeot 205 rally come behind me at 80ish, i thought id drop it down to 5th wait till he comes along side and ill pull away.... well that never happened this thing was rapid (was striped out with a cage in it)

Does anyone know anything about these, ive never seen 1 b4 and was shocked how quick it was runnin
    My Much Missed :Imola Yellow S3 - Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes, Bose Concert System

Now : Cupra R 225

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    ive seeen one before..there proper light. dont know anything about engines or turbos on them..but weight to power, it probally had ya. ! i was racing a tuned up cinquento just a minute ago..some loon with a fat old centre exaust.. i beat him though, obviously just an induction job.
    Its gone replaced with a mk2 golf gti 16v :D

Smell my finger.

Status
    Theres all manner of 205 engine conversions/kits/superchargers about.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

S3

Status
    It wasnt a standard rallye Id imagine, more likely to (at the very least) have a 1.9 GTi engine in it, or failing that an Mi16 or 306Gti6 engine. The original 205 Rallye had a 1.3 engine.
    Audi S3

Status
    mike,don't be shocked as a lot of cars can beat our beloved S3.

ZoomZoom

Status
    Just never seen 1 b4 and was well surprised when it just keept goin and goin

Looked like it could fall apart at any second lol but it couldnt half shift
    My Much Missed :Imola Yellow S3 - Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes, Bose Concert System

Now : Cupra R 225

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    This is on my part is shameful but the other week my mate in a bmw 318 nearly beat me, i was pratting about and was off boost and he was really trying to prove a point haha, anyway i won but could of been embarassing.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

2nd Gear

Status
    A BMW X5 kept with me into triple figures earlier.
    A focus ST170 disapeared on the corners
    nothing else wanted to play tonight.

Only me

Status
    could of been 1.6 16v turbo out the 106 gti easy conversion and with a good setup with turbo can see easy over 250bhp most iv seen was a saxo vts same engine with a turbo ect and was puttin out 450+bhp and seeing as they dont weigh anything one lightend ect can be aslow as 750kg, gives you somthink to think about

Smell my finger.

Status
    Dont forget a 205 is about as heavy as your averahe leaf...let alone a stripped out one!.

Very capable cars as standard, when 'breathed on' they're a proper giant killer.

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    Dont forget a 205 is about as heavy as your averahe leaf...let alone a stripped out one....
    And we're lugging around over 1400Kg with driver.....

Still, it's nice to stay cool in the heat of summer init!!
    2003 ARY A3 TQS - totally bog except for 18" Dezent Motion Blacks - Hopefully the Brembo Jr will fit these and I can start to update my sig!!

Oil running through my veins.

Status
    A stripped out mk2 1.9 on carbs shocked me tonight.. it was a proper tuned engine but still. Some cars are getting quick!

Its good when you get a car that keeps up with you, wanna make it faster!
    Totally addicted to boost.

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    its not really surprising as you was racing a dimp with an engine

Neutral

Status
    Please dont say you got owned by a peugeot lol
    I used to do the same with my metro gti when i was a lad, it was a 1800 vvc, and anything this side of an evo was brown bread !! Everyone hated it !!
    1999 S3 Quattro. Stolen by my cousin in exchange for pennies !!

Honda Civic Type R Premier

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    ooooh nevermind mate....shouldnt happen that often

i decided to play with a CTR offboost from 60mph earlier..... he pulled a car length and i couldnt get it back!!
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IIIadidasboy View Post

Still, it's nice to stay cool in the heat of summer init!!
    What heat???All you need in our summer is windscreen wipers.

Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    Plenty of fast pugs about. Fastest cars at the last track event at alford were 2 peugeots.

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marcyp View Post
    could of been 1.6 16v turbo out the 106 gti easy conversion and with a good setup with turbo can see easy over 250bhp most iv seen was a saxo vts same engine with a turbo ect and was puttin out 450+bhp and seeing as they dont weigh anything one lightend ect can be aslow as 750kg, gives you somthink to think about
    If this Rallye had been pushing 200+bhp with a turbo, it wouldnt have kept up with his S3, it wouldve sailed past (until getting well into triple figures). A well setup 1.9 8v or 2.0 16v Pug engine in a 205 (ie cams, carbs, ITBs, 1.6 gearbox etc) will be enough to live with a modded S3.

My first car at 17 was a 205 GTi (only the 1.6 though). Brillant little cars, and achieving classic status now.
    Audi S3

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Does it suprise anyone really that their car is slower? I mean no matter how much money you throw at your car, there's always something faster than you out on the road!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    ooooh nevermind mate....shouldnt happen that often

i decided to play with a CTR offboost from 60mph earlier..... he pulled a car length and i couldnt get it back!!

ahem.....cc .... ahem..
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Does it suprise anyone really that their car is slower? I mean no matter how much money you throw at your car, there's always something faster than you out on the road!

Very true!

On another note....

If the driver of the Dolphin grey S3 that was goading me on Friday night, only to be ignored and then decided to boot it off along the Stratford Road in Shirley, cutting up everything on the road is reading.....you're a weapons grade bell end....very unimpressed!.

Although I'm sure if you keep doing laps of the BP petrol station you'll finally find someone who wants to help you bury your car into a lamp post. . Perhaps if you werent such a muppet you wouldnt be driving around in your car on your own on a Friday night.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post
    Very true!

On another note....

If the driver of the Dolphin grey S3 that was goading me on Friday night, only to be ignored and then decided to boot it off along the Stratford Road in Shirley, cutting up everything on the road is reading.....you're a weapons grade bell end....very unimpressed!.

Although I'm sure if you keep doing laps of the BP petrol station you'll finally find someone who wants to help you bury your car into a lamp post. . Perhaps if you werent such a muppet you wouldnt be driving around in your car on your own on a Friday night.
    If you are on about the Grey one with Anthracite wheels lowered on coilovers, he is running Big turbo and drives like a loone everytime I see it, I know the guy who originally tweaked it up, not the new owner though.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm not surprised you got done by a rallye to be honest. I had a normally aspirated 1.6 16v 106 rallye that could pull 14.5's all day long at Santa Pod and that weighed about the same as a 205 rallye.

I think they're a TU type engine in the 205 rallye so the 1.6 16v is the easier conversion than the 1.9 gti and 2.0 gti 6 engines. A set of cams and throttle bodies on the 1.6 would keep it lighter than the larger capacity ones and handlings what a rallye's all about.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    If you are on about the Grey one with Anthracite wheels lowered on coilovers, he is running Big turbo and drives like a loone everytime I see it, I know the guy who originally tweaked it up, not the new owner though.

From what I could see it was on standard silver Avus rims. Looked like a young lad with a shaved head 'driving' it. I got the impression he'd borrowed his dads car or something. Overtly looking for a bit of sport and then getting a chubby on every time he pressed the throttle.

I just left him to it, he wasnt doing himself any favours mind.

T

S3X

Status
    Back on topic, Most older & lighter "hot hatch's" with around 200BHP will put our S3's to shame,

Im to old to let it bother me now (28). back when I was 19 I would almost loose sleep if I was beaten by anything in my 200BHP+ fiesta RS turbo.
    Im more than happy with what the S3 has to offer, even if it cant keep up with a high power "tin can".

Just my oppinion
    52 plate S3 / Ming Blue / 60K / Celtic Tuning Re-Map, Allegedly 278 Bhp-256 lb/ft (not proven/no chance)

6th Gear

Status
    there will always be something faster. if i go out in my cousins e46 m3 or twin turbo toyota supra i always come out thinking, why should i spend hundreds leading into thousands to gain a few extra bhp. On a similar note i recently drove a 207gti 175thp.......!! i was actually quite impressed on how nippy that thing was and how well it handled. put my car to shame in the handling anyways!
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

1st Gear

Status
    Yea more than likely an mi16/s16. Carbs and tb's are common on them aswel.

ive got a standard white 1.9 205 gti, and used to have a black phase 2 mi16 205 gti.

The power of the mi16 was insane. Mine was standard but the engine was mint, and it pulled stupidly well. (around 180 bhp per tonne i think)

It falls over with understeer as there is far too much power for the front wheels in 800kg > car.

It was much faster than the S3, and probaly quicker around a track.

But it was noisy and rattly, 18 years old, had group n engine mounts, group n exhaust etc... motorways just didnt happen.
    So obviously, the S3 is better in most ways.

So i decided to get the S3 and get a standard one as a project.

205 gtis are amazing, and you have to own one in your life!
    1996 JDM Celica GT Four

Status
    I once owned an 205 Diesel Zeste for a laugh. Does that count?

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MintyS3 View Post
    I once owned an 205 Diesel Zeste for a laugh. Does that count?

No

Status
    Good cos it was the worst car Ive ever driven.

S3 Drift King!

Status

1st Gear

Status
    I think i can do one better..........G reg 205 1.1 look, it was my first car and only got rid of it about 3 months ago. It cuts me deep!