Automatic indicators

Seizure

Reaction score
My company's VW Transporter van has automatic indicators, you know.... flick the stalk and it indicates 3 times or whatever then turns itself off. Does anyone know if VAGCOM can set this up in my S3? And if so, where do I look?

Also, slightly off topic, how do I turn the damn dial pod illumination off? They're on permanently and it's begining to do my head in now.

Cheers

you can only get the three flashing indicators on vehicle with can bus voltage control units, your S3 has not got the function.What is a dial pod?

[ QUOTE ]
Seizure said:
My company's VW Transporter van has automatic indicators, you know.... flick the stalk and it indicates 3 times or whatever then turns itself off. Does anyone know if VAGCOM can set this up in my S3? And if so, where do I look?

Also, slightly off topic, how do I turn the damn dial pod illumination off? They're on permanently and it's begining to do my head in now.

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

vagcom can turn off the light's it on here some where

[ QUOTE ]
foolish3uk said:
you can only get the three flashing indicators on vehicle with can bus voltage control units, your S3 has not got the function.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bu99er. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Cheers for explaining it tho, nice one.

[ QUOTE ]
foolish3uk said:What is a dial pod?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pod with ya dials in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Speedo, Rev counter, Coolant temp, Fuel guage etc.

[ QUOTE ]
peteTDI said: vagcom can turn off the light's it on here some where

[/ QUOTE ]

I did find something on here a while ago, but it refered to an A4 or an A6, I forget which. But anyway, it didn't help me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Can't even find anything on ElsaWin with relevance to the A3/S3 either. I just want normal dials that illuminate when I switch the lights on. Is that too much to ask?

[ QUOTE ]
Seizure said:
[ QUOTE ]
foolish3uk said:
you can only get the three flashing indicators on vehicle with can bus voltage control units, your S3 has not got the function.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bu99er. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Cheers for explaining it tho, nice one.

[ QUOTE ]
foolish3uk said:What is a dial pod?

[/ QUOTE ]

The pod with ya dials in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Speedo, Rev counter, Coolant temp, Fuel guage etc.

[ QUOTE ]
peteTDI said: vagcom can turn off the light's it on here some where

[/ QUOTE ]

I did find something on here a while ago, but it refered to an A4 or an A6, I forget which. But anyway, it didn't help me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Can't even find anything on ElsaWin with relevance to the A3/S3 either. I just want normal dials that illuminate when I switch the lights on. Is that too much to ask?

[/ QUOTE ]

is this the one that do not work?
17-Instruments: K1 -- KWP-1281
VAG-COM Works fine.

Tweak:
There are four lighting modes:
Mode 0: Nothing lit until ext. light on
Mode 1: Pointers lit all the time
Mode 2: Scales lit all the time
Mode 3: Pointers and Scales lit all the time
Mode is changed in Adapation Channel 19. Standard value should be 11000 (or something close). The first (left-most) digit is the lighting mode.

Adaptation 60,61,62

[ QUOTE ]
peteTDI said:

is this the one that do not work?
17-Instruments: K1 -- KWP-1281
VAG-COM Works fine.

Tweak:
There are four lighting modes:
Mode 0: Nothing lit until ext. light on
Mode 1: Pointers lit all the time
Mode 2: Scales lit all the time
Mode 3: Pointers and Scales lit all the time
Mode is changed in Adapation Channel 19. Standard value should be 11000 (or something close). The first (left-most) digit is the lighting mode.

Adaptation 60,61,62

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeap. Been throught that with VAGCOM and it didn't work. Tried all the adaption channels you listed too. There are no 5 digit codes in any of them, let alone a 5 digit code that starts with a three. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

On a slightly different note, how do I change the time on the clock? I know the "thingy" in the dials nearest the clocks twists left and right, I've tried that. It clicks as well, but the time and the date refuse to alter. Typical isn't it - I can install all this stuff into a car, but can I do the simple things? Obviously not. [insert banging head aginast brick wall emitioncode here]

Cheers for all the help so far.

checked those adaption numbers DO NOT adjust 60, that is for setting up can bus if you change hat number then your dials may not work at all. our instructions do not show adaption channels to stop illumination from working all the time, i have VAG COM at home on my laptop for all the PJ's i do and i cannot find what pete is talking about, are there different versions og VAGCOM??

[ QUOTE ]
foolish3uk said:
checked those adaption numbers DO NOT adjust 60, that is for setting up can bus if you change hat number then your dials may not work at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, cheers for the warning. Haven't changed anything yet so I'm still OK.

[ QUOTE ]
foolish3uk said:
our instructions do not show adaption channels to stop illumination from working all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean that everyone's S3 as permanently illuminated dials then?

[ QUOTE ]
foolish3uk said:
i have VAG COM at home on my laptop for all the PJ's i do and i cannot find what pete is talking about, are there different versions og VAGCOM??

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno mate. Sorry.

Can anyone else shed any light onto this situation?

Cheers