HID's 4300k

Is that kit just for the HID bulb?
Will you be using it with the standard high beam reflector?

I've been doing a fair amount of reading on here - http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/

You have to join the forum to gain access to the pages but once in you'll find a mammoth amount of information on conversions and kits etc.

The reason I've asked the two questions above is that from reading the hid plant forum it's been said that replacing stand halogen bulbs with HID bulbs is a very ineffective solution. The standard reflector makes the light go everywhere and dazzle oncoming drivers. you lose the clean cut off both at the side and at the top of the beam. Granted your looking to fit these as you high beams so you kind of want the light to go everywhere.
fair few of the people on that site are into the vag cars, golf's, jettas, passat's etc.

perhaps it's worth a read.

Dude, as you have a facelift, you might be ok, as you have projectors on the car anyway, its just going to be a case of retrofitting them.

As eagle says, it can cause problems if you dont have the right fitting, eg just fitting hids to a normal setup, can also be quite dangerous as they can burn through if the right fitting isnt there, but yours should be ok.

One again, have a word with Ibzzzzz, he will be able to sort you out as he does the kits and does a discount for AS forum members, just tell him, I told you to sort him out ;)

Also, he isnt on all the time now, so just wait if you are not in a rush.

He does have another thread running at the mo, so you may be able to jack that with a quick post.