Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 145457585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,560 of 2722
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: My minor modding thread

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    I'll just pass you a pump so you can blow up your own ego without us lot helping every time you post a update

Looking freaking awesome.
    <tuffty/> likes this.
    2001 1.8T Quattro Sport 89k covered ARY engine.
    Remapped at Badger 5, 213bhp - 235lb/ft torque.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave adjustable tie bars

Soon to be done: SAI delete, Install the toyosport FMIC i have kicking about in my living room

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Engine bay is drool worthy, well done Paul.
    <tuffty/> likes this.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Every time I look at this thread,the quality of what you've done there is just amazing.

The pipework is superb,and I would love to have some of that myself.....the space around the turbo and the downpipe to the turbo inlet on mine is seriously tight,plus we have almost no room on the hot side between the exhaust,transfer case etc etc.

You've done a fantastic job.

RIP S3dave

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavis89 View Post
    I'll just pass you a pump so you can blow up your own ego without us lot helping every time you post a update

Looking freaking awesome.

I am not sure how to read your comment.

Last bit obvious.. First bit ......... ermmmm

Attention to detail from messer tuffty is superb.
    (been here since September mind you! lol) so plenty of time on it.. lol << but fair play.. Its lovely, and I am proud to have a small hand in its creation. >>

onward..
    finish it..
    run it in
    and unleash the best
    <tuffty/>, S3Alex, Gops and 2 others like this.
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    What bhp/torque are you hoping to make Bill/Tuffty ?
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@A.L.D View Post
    What bhp/torque are you hoping to make Bill/Tuffty ?
    Its never really been about the power... its always been about getting enough power reliably and consistently and still having a drivable car...

All I really want is for the engine to produce a repeatable power figure on 3 consecutive runs on the dyno much like the Lupo does...

Car will be mapped for progressive power delivery, this will make the car nicer to drive while keeping heat under control...

The spec suggests it will produce over 500hp and over 350ftlbs... any more than that is a bonus... as long as its consistent... really not interested in running all the boost in the world but I have no doubt the limits will be explored just to see what she could be capable of...

Cams are on the cards but I want to see where the graph sits first... cams will lift power at peak revs... rev limit will remain sensible as its not a race car

At the end of the day it will make what it will make... I'll just be glad to drive her again (as much as Bill will be glad to get his ramp back lol)

<tuffty/>
    S3Alex and Vex182 like this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Lavis89 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    I am not sure how to read your comment.

Last bit obvious.. First bit ......... ermmmm
    I thought I would leave it open for people to interpret how they like
    Attention to detail on it is brilliant, I had a look from every angle when I was up having my map done last month, it looked like something you would expect to see in a brochure for a 2013 plate car
    <tuffty/> likes this.
    2001 1.8T Quattro Sport 89k covered ARY engine.
    Remapped at Badger 5, 213bhp - 235lb/ft torque.
    HS2K cone, FMDV008, Silicon TIP, 18" RS4 (reps), AP coilovers, Catch can, n249 bypass, Toyosport 3" Downpipe/Decat, S3 Front brakes, Polyflexed Dogbone, S3dave adjustable tie bars

Soon to be done: SAI delete, Install the toyosport FMIC i have kicking about in my living room

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Its never really been about the power... its always been about getting enough power reliably and consistently and still having a drivable car...

All I really want is for the engine to produce a repeatable power figure on 3 consecutive runs on the dyno much like the Lupo does...

Car will be mapped for progressive power delivery, this will make the car nicer to drive while keeping heat under control...

The spec suggests it will produce over 500hp and over 350ftlbs... any more than that is a bonus... as long as its consistent... really not interested in running all the boost in the world but I have no doubt the limits will be explored just to see what she could be capable of...

Cams are on the cards but I want to see where the graph sits first... cams will lift power at peak revs... rev limit will remain sensible as its not a race car

At the end of the day it will make what it will make... I'll just be glad to drive her again (as much as Bill will be glad to get his ramp back lol)

<tuffty/>
    Pretty much exactly what I want from mine.

Reliable,repeatable,fast,and driveable.

Not a one-off grenade.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Only a small update as I am waiting on parts

A nice lump of Acetal for making the adaptor rings for the RS4 MAF...

Made a bracket for the EGT sensor black box....

Relocated the fuel filter, made a bracket and secured it in...

Had a play with the PCV pipework... using 25mm hoses and alloy bends to route to where I plan to fit a catch can...

Did a few other little jobs like fit the Forge coolant hose I got last week and repaint a couple of bits that had runs in them..

I have another long weekend coming up so the plan is to get the downpipe and wastegate pipe done with the intention to get the engine oil and water tight... hopefully followed by the initial starting of the engine :D

<tuffty/>
    jojo, S3Alex, StaceyS3 and 1 others like this.
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

LORD

Status

My Social Networking

Add limbo118118 on Facebook
    The big day isn't long away!! can I ask what was your MPG roughly on the old setup?

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    In the last 6 months it's not used a drop. .. lol

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    ...and for the figure prior to that check my sig

<tuffty/>

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    So clean but your header tank is so rank.

It needs cleaning/painting/polishing
    <tuffty/> likes this.
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

2nd Gear

Status

You tell him
    <tuffty/> likes this.

Badger 5 Edition

Status

Ironically it was new 5 years ago....

I'll buy a new one as this seems to be the tradition when I change the turbo lol

<tuffty/>

Down under

Status
    Also, a bonus being a new level sensor.
    Handling mods++. HTA3582 stroker soon-ish. Hiding parts from the mrs since 2011. Build thread

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    A few more days off and some more stuff done... fitted the locking tabs to the Tial hotside bolts and fitted the turbo properly... also fitted the oil drain and discovered a small issue with the downpipe...

Boo!... oh well... easily fixed by adding a small section in to extend the DP past the oil drain

Added the bottom section and a v-band for ease of fitment... still all very close though lol

Bit more to do with it yet to extend out past the prop and to connect up to the centre section and of course fit the flexi etc...

Once thats all connected up I can sort the wastegate pipe work and of course the back box...

<tuffty/>
    Broken Byzan, S3Alex, Gops and 2 others like this.

Rarely neutral

Status
    It's all really snug down there isn't it.....Audi didn't package these cars to be easy to work on,but once again,a really neat bit of pipework.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Top mount ftw... lol

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Byzan View Post
    Top mount ftw... lol
    Mines more of a mid-mount

<tuffty/>

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Mines more of a mid-mount

<tuffty/>

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Bit more progress...

Have joined the exhaust up but because I have had to run the DP more over to the drivers side of the tunnel to allow for the wastegate pipework it has pulled the centre section over and now the middle box touches the propshaft... will fix that once the DP is welded, wrapped and fitted into place...

Next problem is the exhaust hanger... in its OE position it will get in the way of the way of the wastegate pipes...

So... I cut the hanger from the bracket, put it on the other side and sprayed some metal at it

...with that in place I could then make the DP's hanger...

And thats the DP done ready for welding and wrapping

In other news... a good fiend dropped off a spare airbox as mine has been hacked around so much with the different mods I have done with it that its lost its integrity and so the plan will be to use the lower section to make a good one again...

..and Bill got busy with the lathe turning my lump of acetal into an adaptor ring for the RS4 MAF...

And viola!... RS4 MAF tube ready to fit into 100mm silicon...

...and of course I painted the exhaust hanger bracket :D

Wastegate pipework to do then I can essentially put the engine bay together ready for initial start

<tuffty/>
    S3Alex likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    All very neat and tidy. The attention to detail of everything you've done is amazing- hands on heart, have you botched anything? Even something teeny weeny? It would make the rest of us feel better lol!
    2002 Avus Silver BAM S3::B5 v2.2 TIP::Powerflex::Superpro::Forge::RSTT::Random Remap!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CazzaVR View Post
    All very neat and tidy. The attention to detail of everything you've done is amazing- hands on heart, have you botched anything? Even something teeny weeny? It would make the rest of us feel better lol!
    lol... there are a couple of runs in the paint here and there... does that count?

tbh there is probably a few odds and sods that aren't 100%... the oil drain has bit me in the arse a bit... didn't anticipate the lack of clearance I had once the DP was in and the 'flexi' wasn't quite what I had imagined... it uses large 'hydraulics' type fittings and the crimps seem to take up most of the hoses length which doesn't make it very flexible...

Will revisit that once the DP is back in as its not lining up properly now for whatever reason (most likely where I moved the turbo round a bit to give better position of the DP)...

You can see in the pic below that the flexi is just sat in the fitting for the lower section of the drain...

I think that qualifies but to be fair this kind of issue is not unusual when doing builds like this...

<tuffty/>
    S3Alex likes this.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    That V band clamp on the DP looks cumbersome, you can get cast slim ones?

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    There is more clearance there than the pic shows tbh... the slimmer clamps tend to be quite expensive (like my Tial one for example which was 35 quid just for the clamp).... these were 22 quid each and so far I have used 3 of them... it all adds up at the end of the day and once I have recovered from this stage of the build then I'll look around for something slimmer

Even though they were 22 quid they look decent quality and have a locating rebate unlike some other more expensive ones I have used on my DP's in the past..

<tuffty/>

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Ahh,, just looked tight on your pic...

RIP S3dave

Status
    some weldage has commenced this afternoon
    <tuffty/> and S3Alex like this.

www.badger5.biz

bill@badger5.co.uk

1st Gear

Status
    It's pretty tight, but doesn't look too bad. I'm sure you'll find a solution those crimps are long, but at least they're sturdy- gonna get hot down there!
    2002 Avus Silver BAM S3::B5 v2.2 TIP::Powerflex::Superpro::Forge::RSTT::Random Remap!

RIP S3dave

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Where have you seen the slimmer cast ones dave? I would'nt mind a look at them - cheers

www.badger5.biz

bill@badger5.co.uk

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Was thinking whats used on turbo CHRAs and wastegates but HPE in leeds do them..
    Hygienic Process Equipment

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Bit more progress...

made a start on the wastegate pipe... 2" pipework should prevent wastegate creep...

Among the list of small jobs done is the injector wiring... binned off the plastic retainer and used convoluted tubing instead running the the wiring under the fuel rail...

Prepped the tail pipe for welding...

...and talking of which, super hero Bill finished off welding the downpipe (just the lambda and EGT bungs to do...)

So... once the bungs are done I can wrap it and fit the top section into final position then finish the wastegate pipe as the DP needs to be in for alignment etc...

Once thats done then I can finish assembling the engine bay (once I have sorted the oil drain issue of course) and should be able to start the engine :D

Then... need to tweak the position of the centre section as its touching the prop, once thats done I can finish the back box and should be able to move the car off the ramp (I can hear Bill cheering as he reads this lol) and run in on the dyno... phew!!!

Not too long now
    S3Alex, s3dave and Lavis89 like this.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    So close! really can't wait for this one

Top work as always PT
    <tuffty/> likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

2nd Gear

Status
    What's the likelihood of it being finished when I'm down on the 28th?

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Love how neat the injectors/rail looks
    <tuffty/> and CMcKenzie like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Been seeing things on fb so thought i'd drop in and check the progress and all i have to say is WOW. This car just gets better and better.

Truly amazing work by all involved and especially you tuffty for improving on something that was already pretty special.
    <tuffty/> likes this.
    Booooooosting just a little bit

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vroomtshh View Post
    What's the likelihood of it being finished when I'm down on the 28th?
    Running? hopefully..... finished?... we all know that when modding cars its never finished LOL...

<tuffty/>
    S3 Paul and Lavis89 like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Running? hopefully..... finished?... we all know that when modding cars its never finished LOL...

<tuffty/>
    Yeh I just mean running (enough, that if your around, you can take me out lol)
    <tuffty/> likes this.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vroomtshh View Post
    Yeh I just mean running (enough, that if your around, you can take me out lol)
    if the car is in an MOT'able state after this weekend then she will be taxed backdated to the beginning of this month... if the earliest I can get her into an MOT'able state is any later than that then tbh I won't be taxing her until the beginning of April...

I may or may not be around on the 28th... depends on work (and if I am still there )

<tuffty/>

2nd Gear

Status
    Fingers crossed