Badger5EM Tuning
Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3538394041424344454647484950515255 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,800 of 2717
Like Tree659Likes

Thread: My minor modding thread

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    question, do you, or anyone know the capacity of the oem inlet plenum, and the plenum you now use?
    Online Store - Xcessive Manufacturing
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available
    FOR SALE
    Sparco Torino 2 sport seats, None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

2. # ADS
    ADS

RIP S3dave

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@A.L.D View Post
    Its might be the trumpets i fitted to my manifold that helped?
    or indeed this>> 2067cc 20v GTX3076r might have had something to do with it :D
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

Check out the ever Growing eBay Shop>
    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Badger-5-LTD?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by badger5 View Post
    or indeed this>> 2067cc 20v GTX3076r might have had something to do with it :D
    I do forget that lol
    FOR SALE
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    tuffty, is there any particular reason you used aeb runners for this? can agu runners be used? although i think they are slightly different shapes aren't they, aeb runners being curved rather than straight

1st Gear

Status
    Great to have You here Tuffty.. Man of the prototypes

Is there any other place to purchase the plenum than direct from xcessive manufacturing?

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    tuffty, is there any particular reason you used aeb runners for this? can agu runners be used? although i think they are slightly different shapes aren't they, aeb runners being curved rather than straight
    AEB runners are square on to the back plate making the flow transition smoother... the AGU ones are at a more acute angle so for me the AEB runners seem the better choice... it emulates the SEM's approach and that manifold is one of the best on the market..

AEB manis where easier to get hold of on eBay than AGU ones when I was looking anyway..

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BuuBBa View Post
    Great to have You here Tuffty.. Man of the prototypes

Is there any other place to purchase the plenum than direct from xcessive manufacturing?
    Not that I know of... mine was bought direct from xcessive...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

6th Gear

Status

My minor modding thread

Think my local machine shop kept the drawings for mine, but wasn't anywhere as cheap as I was hoping IIRC

Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyS3 View Post
    Think my local machine shop kept the drawings for mine, but wasn't anywhere as cheap as I was hoping IIRC
    how much is 'not as cheap as i thought'?

6th Gear

Status

My minor modding thread

Can't remember but think was 150ish but in fairness I also had to pay for the time to do the drawing and they ran the mill over the end of the runners to get them 100% level and flat as all I had done was linished them
    Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    you got shafted there stace

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Worked on the TIP today... took the current 76mm OD one off (yes, its smaller than Bills K04 TIP's!!) so I could use it as a kind of template for the new 90mm OD one...

After some faffing about I cut up the 90mm bend hoping that what I had in my mind is how it might turn up... thankfully it did
    Using the power of welding tape and a bit of trimming of the hoses and pipes I ended up with...

..which fits nicely...

So then had to think about how the filter would attach... still looking at filter options.. a 90mm necked version of what I have would be ideal but they don't do one

All the was left was the DV inlet....

Should be getting welded up at some point this week and I am waiting on some adaptor rings that will take the 85mm OD of the S4 MAF to 90mm...

The end is in sight :D

(although it never really is the end is it ;P)

<tuffty/>

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status

My minor modding thread

It's sad and a relief as you know a build I'd drawing to its final stages. The relief is from knowing that most of the spending is over
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

6th Gear

Status
    Cant seem to find one either. ITG are a bit closer with 86mm or 93mm. Rated to nearly 500bhp too.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    It's sad and a relief as you know a build I'd drawing to its final stages. The relief is from knowing that most of the spending is over
    Don't panic... still more to do... got WMI to fit, ARB's and looking larger front discs with a possibility of changing the rears for something larger if I can work the balance right...

Always something to do but will be nice to get to a point I can drive her at her full potential... will be tweaking the map as I go along too...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    Cant seem to find one either. ITG are a bit closer with 86mm or 93mm. Rated to nearly 500bhp too.
    Not a fan of foam filters tbh and I ideally need to find something similarly sized to the current Jetex else it means using up space in the battery area I had earmarked for WMI... we shall see... priority is to the filter and it needs to be right but until the TIP is on properly I am not sure how it will go as yet...

No problems only solutions

<tuffty/>

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    You will be surprised how much space you have with the OEM airbox deleted....

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status

My minor modding thread

Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Lol, loads of room.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Looking good as always PT, that intake is epic as well .
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    If I fit that I'll have to get an atmos valve and go sideways around roundabouts all the time!!...

Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Keyword... OEM... :P never gonna happen

<tuffty/>

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    k&n will make pretty much anything. the size options are endless.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    k&n will make pretty much anything. the size options are endless.
    Yeah... been scanning through their catalogue... my eyes are bleeding!

<tuffty/>

Guess what I drive...

Status

My Social Networking

Add Vex182 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Worked on the TIP today... took the current 76mm OD one off (yes, its smaller than Bills K04 TIP's!!) so I could use it as a kind of template for the new 90mm OD one...
    The difference is I guess you don't need an adapter to fit 76mm onto the turbo though like the K04 lol :P
    Silver 2002 Audi S3 225 (BAM) since March 2011.

Mods: Badger5 2.2 TIP, Jetex filter, PCV delete, 710 DV, Standard N249 in use, R-Tech Stage 1 TiV Remap, Audi TT Pedals, Red Dogbone, Polybushed tie arms. All silicone boost pipes, Michelin PS3s, Red V6 coil packs, MK4 flat blade conversion, retrofited cruise control.
    Currently: 254bhp - 276lb/ft (174bhp/ton) as of 11/02/2013 On V-Power

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Have started a thread in Bills Badger5 forum in the sponsors section for those interested in a fabricated inlet manifold...
    Badger5 fabricated large port inlet manifold

I have moved relevant posts there and pruned the rest...

<tuffty/>

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Yay!... TIP is now done... big thanks to George (again!) who came up trumps with the adaptor rings for the S4 MAF to take its OD to 90mm.. interference fit with a bit of sealant for good measure...

Gas arrived too so Bill kindly welded up the alloy parts of the TIP and of course I painted it satin black... was toying with filter selections also... Bill has a few filters in stock so looked at using one of those...

The Green is out purely as its 80mm neck ;P.... the K&N is a possibility as this filter can be used with a velocity stack which I can get in 89mm... the JR is long... it won't fit in the airbox... but its 100mm do can be made to fit my setup and as I like a challenge... I choose...

Watch this space... it could be an epic fail lol...

<tuffty/>
    Last edited by <tuffty/>; 3rd October 2012 at 20:39.

6th Gear

Status
    pft just have a f**k off filter where the battery was...Man up! lol. Make an airbox to encase it and spray it so it blends into the bay a bit better so it looks like it should be there not a lump of shiny metal you`ve bolted in.

Cactus green 8L S3 - B5 TIP + Jetex, Revised 007p, R32 rear ARB, AP Coilovers, Compbrake rear arms, Full Powerflexed dogbone.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    FOR SALE

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason.s View Post
    pft just have a f**k off filter where the battery was...Man up! lol. Make an airbox to encase it and spray it so it blends into the bay a bit better so it looks like it should be there not a lump of shiny metal you`ve bolted in.
    that 'nearly' the plan... I reckon I can poke through the side of the OE airbox low down so it all passes into the battery area, remove the 4" cold air feed I have as it will be useless there anyway and there will be room for the jetex..

<tuffty/>

2nd Gear

Status
    you got shafted there stace
    Not too much tho , £120-130 is what i would charge with CAD time

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Not botherd about the idea of a velocity stack then PT? Would it not offer any gains on a setup like yours?
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    Not botherd about the idea of a velocity stack then PT? Would it not offer any gains on a setup like yours?
    Plausibly but it means waiting as they are from an american company and I kinda wanna get it sorted sooner rather than later plus I think the jetex looks cool...

<tuffty/>

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Got around to fitting the TIP and S4 MAF today...

Had to do a pikey bodge to get a filter on but at least I know it will go...

The ring I had made up for the filter side of the S4 MAF will need to be 100mm not 90mm like I had before... this will allow me to use a 100mm joiner (like I have done with the 90mm one) and fabricate a suitable 100mm joiner to go into the filter... I can then mod the airbox and fabricate the support brackets to keep it all nice and tidy...

The S4 scaling was added to the map and flashed in... all I can say is she feels really different... just wants to rev and pull even at a lowly 15psi!...

Hope to get her on the dyno over the next few days to check everything out... and maybe add boost ;P

<tuffty/>

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Top work mate

V impressed with the OEMness with the covers back on concidering the size of that pipe work and filter!

i take it your battery is in the boot now and are you still running a cold feed to the mahoosive filter?
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    Top work mate

V impressed with the OEMness with the covers back on concidering the size of that pipe work and filter!

i take it your battery is in the boot now and are you still running a cold feed to the mahoosive filter?
    Battery in boot install from here battery relocation to boot>>>

...I will look into getting some of the 4" stuff I have into the bumper somehow and just point it up to the general direction of the filter (had to remove it from the airbox as it was in the way of fitting the filter)

<tuffty/>

I want your faulty electronics

Status
    Tuffty, I feel I need to congratulate you on your OEM engine bay obsession.
    It looks amazing.

I like it and its nice change to see someone trying to keep it OEM.

Keep it up

New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
    Tuffty, I feel I need to congratulate you on your OEM engine bay obsession.
    It looks amazing.

I like it and its nice change to see someone trying to keep it OEM.

Keep it up
    That's been the aim of the game all along!

Fair play Tuffty, credit where it's due, even despite great adversity, you have stuck with your OEM goals, and will now succeed.

This I respect.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Welly View Post
    That's been the aim of the game all along!

Fair play Tuffty, credit where it's due, even despite great adversity, you have stuck with your OEM goals, and will now succeed.

This I respect.
    If it doesn't, give up on the under bonnet OEMness, get a bigger Turbo, just keep it tidy and have lots of BHP.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Thanks for all the kind words guys... :D

Grabbed a bit of time this afternoon to sort out the pikey bodge to secure the filter... George the super hero to the rescue yet again machining me up a 100mm OD adaptor ring for the MAF tube so I could use 100mm from the MAF to the filter...

...then fab'd up a suitable bend in 100mm alloy to join the filter to the MAF

...after painting it (of course ) I set about modifying the airbox so the filter would fit...

...modded the cover a little...

...and of course with all the covers fitted...

...and to prove its actually there...

Got a couple of support brackets to make and check some clearances to prevent rubbing etc but thats more or less it bar WMI fitting (test fitted a tank and thats goes in ok)... all I need now is more boosts!!

<tuffty/>

Whats going on???

Status

My Social Networking

Visit s3 Hoggy's Instagram Channel
    Paul the amount of effort you and Bill have put into this is staggering!

unbelievable build!
    2002 S3 REVO
    Milltek, Sachs Organic clutch, 007p, Genuine RSTT's, BBS RS2's
    Koni FSD & H&R springs, Neuspeed 22mm rear ARB, KW tie arms
    LCR Brembo's with DS2500's & Paul's 300mm Rear disc kit,
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3's,Badger5 V2.2 Jetex filter & heatshield

5th Gear

Status
    Hmmmm, yum yum....food for thought
    Why do you have to use the S4 maf housing, couldnt you use a 4" tube, cut and shape it to your needs and fit the MAF directly to the tube. It would reduce the need to silicone joiners

I think you also need to add an index to your build, the 1st post should have a link to all the specific topics - OK OK, I know I'm being lazy but its takes so long to find things on your build. I have actually book marked a lot of your pages to use as references :D