Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3437383940414243444546474849505154 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,760 of 2727
Like Tree675Likes

Thread: My minor modding thread

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Sorry to go off topic in your thread Paul.

I had the same problem on mine, Bill tried to tweak mine, can't communicate?
    Toms S3 is an early pre facelift with no ESP but has a digital clock we guessed it was narrowband but couldnt work out if it was me7 or 7.5.

His car happily communicates using my Official Ross-tech hex can USB cable and VCDS and unisettings happily picked up the cable but just wouldnt read the ECU. We found a guide to using unisettings and follwed that eg have the ignition on etc but still no worky
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post
    Toms S3 is an early pre facelift with no ESP but has a digital clock we guessed it was narrowband but couldnt work out if it was me7 or 7.5.

His car happily communicates using my Official Ross-tech hex can USB cable and VCDS and unisettings happily picked up the cable but just wouldnt read the ECU. We found a guide to using unisettings and follwed that eg have the ignition on etc but still no worky
    Go into options in VCDS and untick "boot in intelligent mode". I had to do this to get unisettings to work on mine.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob View Post

Narrow band is ME7, wideband is ME7.5

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Go into options in VCDS and untick "boot in intelligent mode". I had to do this to get unisettings to work on mine.
    ^^^ what he said

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Dammit wish we had known this last night at 11pm sat in his car shouting at my netbook lol

Still will keep that info handy as that could be useful in the fututre
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Bill welded up my inlet for me this week... (thanks big man!!)...

...and the IAT sensor boss and the vacuum outlet plate (not yet drilled and tapped)...

As mentioned in a previous post the throttle body adaptor...

Did a bit of work to grind down the welds and tested it for leaks... (all good on that front)...

Stuff to be used... chemical metal for filling pits/scratches and smoothing out the welds, etch primer and filler primer...

Slap the chemical metal on (I used a little too much lol)...

...after (a lot of) sanding...

Etch primed and marked up spots that needed a little more attention...

Chemical metal applied to the runner welds to smooth them out...

...bit more primer and bingo....

Hopefully I will get around to painting it tomorrow and will be sorting the charge pipes out for Bill to weld next weekend :D

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

6th Gear

Status

My minor modding thread

Looks the dogs ******** mate very OEM

Am looking forward to before and after results
    Power & Torque 335bhp 285ftlb
    0-60 4.64 1/4 mile 13.02
    My GTX3071r Build Thread
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-f...ld-thread.html

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    My god, I knew it'd be good, but that's 10x better than I thought it'd turn out!

epic work man, can't believe how smooth and OEM it's looking
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    My god, I knew it'd be good, but that's 10x better than I thought it'd turn out!
    You've met Paul right? lol

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    After a ropey start this morning driving the wifes car to the unit to do a mini service and change her fan belt (that decided to self destruct on me a mile from Bills!!!) I got the manifold painted in the same 5 wheel silver I have used for the cam cover and charge pipe...

Managed to get a couple of runs in the lacquer but I'll flat them down when its had a good chance to dry and polish them out...

Happy with the results... will do the revised charge pipe work next Friday when I am off and just waiting on some taps to do the vac outlets and then hopefully will be fitting it the following week as I have taken time off work...

<tuffty/>

Status
    Looks really good that mate

Status

My minor modding thread

Silver is so underrated. That looks really nice.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    I desperatey want one of these, but even £200 for the plenum is too much when there's so much work to be done to it

Looks incredible PT, can't wait to see you reach that 400bhp target!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

RIP S3dave

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by <tuffty/> View Post
    Bill welded up my inlet for me this week... (thanks big man!!)...

...and the IAT sensor boss and the vacuum outlet plate (not yet drilled and tapped)...

As mentioned in a previous post the throttle body adaptor...

Did a bit of work to grind down the welds and tested it for leaks... (all good on that front)...

Stuff to be used... chemical metal for filling pits/scratches and smoothing out the welds, etch primer and filler primer...

Slap the chemical metal on (I used a little too much lol)...

...after (a lot of) sanding...

Etch primed and marked up spots that needed a little more attention...
    [IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/tufftybloke/Random/Car/S3/Build/20120922_163551_zps2b509fe6.jpg[/IMG
    Chemical metal applied to the runner welds to smooth them out...

...bit more primer and bingo....

Hopefully I will get around to painting it tomorrow and will be sorting the charge pipes out for Bill to weld next weekend :D

<tuffty/>
    Looking good
    **http://www.facebook.com/Badger5Ltd**

NEW NEW NEW eShop now LIVE>
    www.badger5.biz

Badger 5 Ltd, Queen Annes Gate, Oldends Lane, Stonehouse, Glos, GL10 2DG

http://www.badger5.co.uk, Tel:01453822880
    bill@badger5.co.uk
    **NEW** Badger5 Section CLICK here>> http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/213-badger-5/

1st Gear

Status
    Looks awsome mate, job well done!! Has given me a few ideas for mine now :P

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Thanks Bill... wouldn't be anywhere without your help.. :D

Found somewhere safe to put the manifold so it doesn't get damaged (hopefully) before it goes on the car and took a shot of it with a throttle body on (also gives me something to hold other than painted bits while I move it about...)

Roll on Friday... :D

<tuffty/>

Missing the S3

Status
    Just finished catching up on this, looking good as always Tuffty hoping to see it at ADI as I didnt get a chance to chat with you at AITP.

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Busy day doing stuff.... test fitted the inlet manifold so I could fabricate the pipework.... the std small port inlet looks a little underwhelming next to the new one ;P

New inlet on....

Fiddled about with the pipes and stuff using welding tape (tm)

...and the outlet for the DV...

...and of course bead rolled the ends

...I really could do with learning to TIG but for now its ready for the big man to sort out when he gets 5 mins..

While the bumper was off I decided to stealth up the FMIC as I had been meaning to do it for a while but not got around to it...

....much better...

...and of course I had to take a pic of the engine bay assembled before putting it back as it was with the (rather pathetic looking) std inlet..

I have the NPT taps now to do the vacuum fittings... tomorrows job..

<tuffty/>

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Well done, looks great mate
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available

FOR SALE
    None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    looks absolutely perfect under there

1st Gear

Status
    Really nice. Strange question but what paint did you use on your intercooler?

Also does this mean you have the charge pipe ready now?

Phill

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Oke Phill View Post
    Really nice. Strange question but what paint did you use on your intercooler?

Also does this mean you have the charge pipe ready now?

Phill
    I used Rustoleum Hard Hat satin black on the intercooler... charge pipe will be ready for you once the new one is welded and fitted mate... I am back on the std inlet currently until then... it will all be sorted in the next few days hopefully :D

<tuffty/>

1st Gear

Status
    I used Rustoleum Hard Hat satin black on the intercooler... charge pipe will be ready for you once the new one is welded and fitted mate... I am back on the std inlet currently until then... it will all be sorted in the next few days hopefully :D

<tuffty/>
    Ah good stuff, i really like the black intercooler, nice and stealth.

Ideal on the charge pipe when you are ready

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Very nice mate.

Out of interest would you and bill reproduce these to sell on
    ?
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani_B19 View Post
    Very nice mate.

Out of interest would you and bill reproduce these to sell on
    ?
    Too much labour involved mate... might as well just be one from Integrated Engineering...

<tuffty/>

Status

My minor modding thread

Damn that engine bay is sexual

Great work mate but I can't help but think that this car is almost too nice to drive. I think you should donate it to a museum
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Too much labour involved mate... might as well just be one from Integrated Engineering...

<tuffty/>
    I have to agree with you on that as mine was a little different as i used Jenvey trumpets inside mine and that took a good few hours blending them in and making the other bits

With all the hours into making them i would have to charge the same as the IE manifold if not more

FOR SALE
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

4th Gear

Status
    Lovely work mate wish my engine bay looked like that top stuff

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I would like to start by saying.... Bill you are a f*cking legend!!!!!!!... he got back from holiday today and was straight on welding my charge pipe up...

...et voila!...

...so of course I painted it :D

Got the vac points drilled, tapped and fitted too...

Soooooo..... nowt much left to do now but dyno, fit it and dyno again :D

<tuffty/>

4th Gear

Status
    Looks class mate

dre

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    So today was essentially dyno car with std inlet, fit large inlet, dyno car again...

Car on dyno... ran the car up on the std inlet... I am running on just actuator pressure at the moment until I have the S4 MAF and 90mm TIP in place as I don't want to be buggering around chasing my tail on the mapping until all the changes I know I am going to make are done...

First run had some boost creep for whatever reason and made 310hp @ 17/18psi peak... subsequent runs were 15psi consistently so maybe the Tial needed some heat in it to get it working right... second run netted just over 280hp... the EGT's were low 700's only spiking at 750 on lift off (no flow through the engine to cool)... that was at a steady 15psi..

Then fitted the manifold.... cover off...

Cover on...

Results were impressive...

17ish hp gain just by bolting on the fabricated inlet... was happy with that...

Clearly the map needs tweaking but then this is the first time the car has been on the dyno with any of my maps on so overall very happy with the result considering its been tweaked from road logging etc..

Fuelling is going into component protection (KFLBTS) as I have the EGT trigger set quite low... logging EGTs showed this can be upped a tad so will sort that later... it going rich cost me a bit of power top end too so if AFR had carried on rather than get rich then it could have made another 5-10hp based on what I normally see on the dyno

Overall really happy with the result, happy with the map and looking forward to getting the S4 MAF and 90mm TIP sorted hopefully next week..

<tuffty/>
    Last edited by <tuffty/>; 30th September 2012 at 19:49.

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    I gained 22 bhp from mine for some reason but if you make your own manifold it worth it i think

FOR SALE

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew@A.L.D View Post
    I gained 22 bhp from mine for some reason but if you make your own manifold it worth it i think
    Total flow dude... larger plenum helps loads, large port runners don't restrict flow like the small port ones... you get more power for the same boost when you free up the flow like this...

As Bill always says... its all about the flow.... just as relevant for forced induction as it is for NA ;P

<tuffty/>

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Its might be the trumpets i fitted to my manifold that helped?

FOR SALE

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Different specs different results mate... your tubby is larger than mine and your setup is different... can't really compare in that respect...

I doubt the trumpets made that much of a difference tbh but the larger plenum and runners is the main thing here... if your mani fitted on mine made more hp than my one did I be surprised tbh...

The excessive plenum is not the neatest/smoothest inside but a gain is a gain at the end of the day and its certainly gonna pay off when the boost gets turned up.. :D

<tuffty/>

Badger 5 Edition

Status

<tuffty/>

5th Gear

Status
    Fricking sweeeeet! What stats you make???

Sean

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s33nyboy12 View Post
    Fricking sweeeeet! What stats you make???

Sean
    post 1750...

<tuffty/>
    Last edited by <tuffty/>; 30th September 2012 at 22:00.

1st Gear

Status
    Amazing!! true true quality!

5th Gear

Status
    Well done mate top notch
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    so on only 15psi, and circa 280-300hp car, there may be some gains to be had on a lil turbo like a ko4 or hybrid version.
    i know yours is flowing alot more air with a gt30 but, still low boost so maybe there is some power available for us.

nice work.

question, do you, or anyone know the capacity of the oem inlet plenum, and the plenum you now use?
    Last edited by superkarl; 1st October 2012 at 00:04.