Can anyone get A3 8L Parts in Carbon Fibre (Door Mirrors) ??

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Hi All..

Ive been looking for weeks for some Carbon Fibre door mirrors for my 8L A3, Ive found some for 02 - 05 A4 B5 A3 on ebay. But thats not a specific model or age..

I was wondering if anyone knew where there are some carbon fibre mirrors for the 8L..

Or if anyone can get them made?

Thanks, Ryan

Check out some of the info later on in this thread: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=75902&highlight=berlin

I've been looking for ages, there's also a place called OSIR that you might be able to get some from - but real CF mirrors are in the region of £250.

I actually ordered a set of CF covers made by Kamei last night from an online place called "orange tuning" or something (I'll try a post a link later - can't do it now cos I'm at work and I ordered from my home PC) Not sure on the quality of the covers to be honest - there's only so much you can see in a single photo - but at £70ish delivered from Germany I thought I'd have a look. I don't expect them to be anywhere as nice as the real thing - but we'll see.

They dont look too bad adidasboy.

Can you let me know the quality when they get there, maybe some photos if you have the time?

What colour is your A3 aswell?

Mines Black, so im hopinbg it to be a suttle, stylish mod.

Yeah they look ok in the pics - might be different in the flesh!! I'll post pics even if they look crap - even if it's just to warn people ;)

I've got a Silver A3, but I've got black wheels turning up anytime now (should have been here today :( ) and I've blacked-out the grill surround and rings - so I've got a bit of a theme starting!!​

I hope not to read about them being pinched later in the year

I hope not to read about them being pinched later in the year

Yeah, cheers, thought about that - I'm hoping that because they're not bling polished / brushed Alu, the teeving little magpies will overlook them?!

Ryan, just thought that I don't actually know the year of your car (maybe you have a reduced passenger side mirror? ) if so they are also available.

Im 1998.
I dont think my passenger side mirror is reduced :/

Ive never actually looked that close :D

Im 99% sure its not tho.

thanks tho adidasboy.

Well they arrived this morning!! - initial impressions were as I had feared - they look better in the photos, but let me explain..........

The covers do not mask the whole of the originally painted area and when sat in the driving position you can see that they will leave a border around each mirror of the original colour paint. On a black car I think they will look good, on a red or blue car they might look good - as it could give the impression of a detailed section, but I'm not convinced it will look good on silver.

I was however thinking about spraying my wing mirrors black - which I'm still going to do anyway - and hopefully they'll look good then.

I wont be spraying my mirrors this weekend - hopefully next, which is when I'll look at fitting the covers if I'm happy with the potential outcome.

In the meantime, I'll take some pics with them "loose fitted" so that you get the idea - I'll try and sort out my photobucket account and get them loaded.

Watch this space!!

Thanks adidas boy.

I may actually be able to help you.

If you wanna keep your mirrors for genuine standard use.

A friend of mine has loads of a3 8l parts from his odl a3.

Im preety sure if i ask him he can fish out the mirrors for you if ud rather use them then spray yours?

If this intrests you let me know bud.

Thanks for the offer Ryan, I was going to spray them black anyway as I scratched one a few months ago - but I was thinking of going with a matt finish. Probably longer term I'll go with a set of proper CF ones, but I can't justify spending that sort of money at the mo when there's more pressing things to sort (power & handling!! )

Of course, if he's got black ones I'd be interested though!!

Ended up at work a fair bit this weekend, so I'll try and get some pics up of them loose fitted during the week.