S3 v LP640...........

S3fan

Kiteyboy
Reaction score
Took the S3 up to the Yorkshire Moors for the weekend.

Picture022.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Just had Toyo Proxes T1Rs fitted all round (£65 each from Camskill), and with the KW Variant 3 coilovers, H&R ARBs and Powerflex wishbone bushes, this was the first time I could test it out on some really good country roads/tracks. I know that this isn't the suspension set-up of choice of a lot on here, but for me, it's just right. I was really impressed with the Toyo's; I had F1's on before, but went for the Toyo's mainly due to the price.

One of the best measures for me for having fun in the car, is the amount of moaning (not the good moans) my wife gives me. A few moans that she has banged her head on the headrest or side window are good (for me), but I also managed to knock her sunglasses off, so that was a real brucie bonus.

With the different variations of set-up you can do with the V3's, it's really down to the excellent work of Jon at VAGtech, in getting the set-up just right.

On the drive back down the motorway, I noticed that the clutch was slipping pulling in fourth, so I took a trip over to VAGtech today to get it booked in for a new clutch (£430), prior to my 2 weeks driving the highlands in Scotland at the end of August.

Thought you lot will be interested in one of the car's VAGtech are working on....funnily it's also a clutch change. (excuse the poor quality pics, I only had my Blackberry with me)

IMG00299.jpg

IMG00300.jpg

IMG00301.jpg

IMG00302.jpg

IMG00303.jpg

Whats with the lambo engine?? is it yours

EDIT:

Opps sorry just seen what else u put
U got any pics of it

A few moans that she has banged her head on the headrest or side window are good (for me), but I also managed to knock her sunglasses off, so that was a real brucie bonus.

lol, you found a way to assult your misses without even touching her!!!
:respekt:

When the misses is in my car I cant even go over the speed limit without her going :scared2:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, your car looks sweet kiteyboy, some good pictures there...I like !! Sometimes wished I'd of gone for a silver S3 on standard rims, couldn't see the point comming from a silver A3 1.8T...

Nice work anyway, do you not find the coilovers a bit bumpy or are they not to harsh ??

CHeers Leggy....well it isn't Citroen like! It's engaging....that's the best way to describe it.

that 1st pic..is that ur mrs sat in the front??

suns behind her there so no need for sun glasses, i hoped u bared this in mind when positioning ur car for the pic with a sharp handbreak!!!

'here we go love, il slip them glasses off for ya'