New audi A3 owner

bigstring

Reaction score
Afternoon y'all
Love me jap cars (turbo), but the lady in my life has banned me from any more, like me astra's so Went to see 3 2.2sri's in the past week, all a little ragged, one was nice but wanted far to mutch for it.... so went to see this little lady, great service history..... but no sign of a cam change?
mad.gif

Still, had to part with my hard cash from the celica sale (none turbo), booking a holiday with the money left over and paying some bills....
mad.gif

anyways...tis unreal how it picks up for 150bhp, quite impressed, corners quite well, only a little squel from the tires on the way back last night

4 new dunlops, new pads and disks in feb, engine bay needed a little clean at 10pm last night..
rolleyes.gif
the outside will be done tonight!

anyway, photo's at 6.30am this morning.

Picture127.jpg

Picture128.jpg

Picture126.jpg

Any one it wiltshire that can advise on a cam belt change>?

looking good mate! what you thinking of doing to it then, is that bigger brakes or just new discs ?

it would be fast its black ! :blackrs4::)

Looking good, any plans for it??

Lowering springs and KnN panel this weekend...... looking for some new wheels next month, has all new disks and pads... good little motor... washed last night but not waxed!

hello boss

Wiltshire bumpkin here!! from Swine town (Swindon)

in exactly the same boat as you mate, got a 1.6 2001 with 70k on the clock that needs its cambelt doin, gettin mine done ina weeks time by a mate who works for Swindon Audi, off site. Gets his parts in cheaper than retail/garages and can pretty much do the job on the drive.

Obviously taking up his weekend he still charges for labour, point is you get an Audi mechanics standard of work for a knocked down price....if ur interested in approachin this fella gimme a shout, unfortunately this guy leads a vey busy life!!! lol (gf and lots of travellin) so whether he can do it will all depend on how busy he is on the weekends.. but i know he does do work when he's available

let us know big string, il see if I can pull some.....strings that is..

what neck of the woods are you in??:uhm:

Pooch

Last edited:
Pooch, like music to my ears! I have had a few quotes so far, the best being £220, audi wanted £329 just for the belt and £500+ for the water pump as well, point is that the water pump was done last year but never changed the cam??? makes no sence!

Anyway I work in swindon, for my sins, and live in devizes, the pit of pits!

Have a word with your man and see what he can do and I will be for ever in your debt...

So whats you doing this weekend? or next? any good at fitting lowering springs? and a BGM (I think) cold air feed?:yum:

hello boss

Wiltshire bumpkin here!! from Swine town (Swindon)

in exactly the same boat as you mate, got a 1.6 2001 with 70k on the clock that needs its cambelt doin, gettin mine done ina weeks time by a mate who works for Swindon Audi, off site. Gets his parts in cheaper than retail/garages and can pretty much do the job on the drive.

Obviously taking up his weekend he still charges for labour, point is you get an Audi mechanics standard of work for a knocked down price....if ur interested in approachin this fella gimme a shout, unfortunately this guy leads a vey busy life!!! lol (gf and lots of travellin) so whether he can do it will all depend on how busy he is on the weekends.. but i know he does do work when he's available

let us know big string, il see if I can pull some.....strings that is..

what neck of the woods are you in??:uhm:

Pooch

Devizes aey, I here you folk dont have thumbs...lol

Complete novice doin my own work mate!! replaced thermostat and cleaned the throttle body a week ago, i felt like jeremy clarkson with his porshe on top gear the other week, liberated by fixing sumthin!!

this weekend I got the mrs down bud and the week after il be having me mota in for the cambelt so not sure when il be available, in the mean time il get on the blower to my audi man, so just the cambelt yeh??

strange the water pump got done without the cam?!? if he is free this weekend to do the work would you be able to take it to him??...lives in highworth just north of Swindon (5 miles away)

Il call him tonight and get back to you tomos on here if that cool?

Bigstring, haggle the prices at Audi, I did recently when asking for some work to be done and send a local garage and another Audi garage were doing the work cheaper and they then reduced the price, not much, but if they can do it on one, im sure they can do it on others...

That they are mate, thank god I was born in Devon, and brought up in marlborough:yahoo:

I have done a few bits on the astra in the past, can do the rear springs and fit a few bits, but do have a habbit of killing things!

The water pump in a strang one, got the invoice here, phoned the garage they confirmed, but no cam, I asked why and they said the owner did not want it done????:shrug:

Waiting for my man to come back to me (machanic) with a price, all have said it is a 2hr job, so cant be that hard?

Devizes aey, I here you folk dont have thumbs...lol

Complete novice doin my own work mate!! replaced thermostat and cleaned the throttle body a week ago, i felt like jeremy clarkson with his porshe on top gear the other week, liberated by fixing sumthin!!

this weekend I got the mrs down bud and the week after il be having me mota in for the cambelt so not sure when il be available, in the mean time il get on the blower to my audi man, so just the cambelt yeh??

strange the water pump got done without the cam?!? if he is free this weekend to do the work would you be able to take it to him??...lives in highworth just north of Swindon (5 miles away)

Il call him tonight and get back to you tomos on here if that cool?

As much as I would like to, I can buy the parts and get some one to do it for just there time, god knows what an audi machanic earns an hour? :lmfao: in the wrong job me thinks

Bigstring, haggle the prices at Audi, I did recently when asking for some work to be done and send a local garage and another Audi garage were doing the work cheaper and they then reduced the price, not much, but if they can do it on one, im sure they can do it on others...

fair enough, hope you get it sorted.

called and text him last night mate,

no answer as of yet, but i get the feeling he might be on hols!! il kp u posted..