Monster MotorsportBadger5
    Az
    Hard slammed!

Status

Trying to find a sidelight live wire on my s3.....

Hi there,

I'm trying to find a sidelight 'live' wire on my s3 and having no joy at all! Which is confusing me, cos I'm quite confident when it comes to car electrics as I've have done many big projects etc in the past, but this was making me scratch my head big time!

All I could find was 2 ignition live wires and thats it! (from the headunit wiring) but couldn't find the wire that became live when turning on the sidelights to illuminate the headunit, same case with the actual sidelight/headlight switch whilst still plugged in.

Very odd.

Could someone help me out as I've got some very funky red led light strips for ambient footwell lighting that I'd like to fit!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    I needed a 'light' feed for my Alpine head unit and picked it up from the glove box switch.

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Az
    Hard slammed!

Status
    Cheers for the heads up mate, I did think of the glove box light but thought as it only comes on when you open the glove box it wouldn't work for me, but I must of had a mental block, cos all I need is the live feed, so I'll give that a go!

Cheers!
    Az