A3 1.8 T Sport sluggish when cold !! Please help

coopy

Reaction score
Can anybody point the finger to a problem my A3 1.8 T sport has developed. The car performs awful at first start up, yet the automatic choke seems to be working fine although there is a slight engine miss until the automatic choke cuts out. The car performs perfectly well once the engine is up to operating temp. Any ideas??:zen:

It's possible that the tempperature sensor for the engine ECU is faulty. It's a cheap part and easy to fit. A good place to start I'd say. Does the engine start first time or after a few turns of the key?

good start to find any foults with the car would be to get it pluged it i.e. vagcom im sure some one in you area will be able to help you, and if there is a foult to be found it will find it easyest and quickest way to check, plus have go ever cleaned your throttle body as it may be very cloged up with gunk and may not respond properly and quickly untill warmed up and the gunk becomes less dence if you no what i mean

The car does start first time with no problem, the rev counter is reading about 1300 revs on cold start up dropping to about 800 revs after a minute which seems fine. The odd thing is the slight engine miss while the automatic choke is on. the engine almost dies if you pull away with out letting the automatic choke kick out at the 800 revs. I will try the Temp sensor it's a good place to start as any. Thanks again