LCD Speedo Cluster/Gauges

newbridgejob

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a 1997 1.6 A3 which has the standard speedo cluster without the little LCD display screen.

I was wondering if it was possible to replace this speedo with one from the other models which does have an LCD display.. Obviously i'd get one from an 8L Audi and with the same engine code etc..

If anyone's got an idea it'd be a great help

Cheers

id like 2 do the same so if you find anything out let my know my mate got the lcd mite ask if i can take her out and try it in mine:redrs4:

id like 2 do the same so if you find anything out let my know my mate got the lcd mite ask if i can take her out and try it in mine:redrs4:
Yeah i will do- I'd appreciate if you could do the same and let me know if it works. I have had the clusters out before in my A4 its really easy just 2 torx screws

Cheers

I cant see it working to be fair lads. The DIS supplies all sort of info which I doubt a non DIS car will have feeds for etc.

I wouldnt say its impossible...but it would cost a fortune to retro fir them.

I cant see it working to be fair lads. The DIS supplies all sort of info which I doubt a non DIS car will have feeds for etc.

I wouldnt say its impossible...but it would cost a fortune to retro fir them.

Yeah i was thinking that aswell but you never know because surely the ECU is set up the same??

If it can't be done then fair enough. I just hate the clocks without the LCD display that's all, looks naff.