Volks AutosAH Fabrications

Thread: Bose Stereo???

Re: Bluetooth

doesn't work in the car or doesn't work full stop? If it doesn't work at all, you may not have the correct message centre settings.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Bose Stereo???

Hi peeps in my 99 S3 I have a Audi Concert stereo its a cassette player that doesn't say Bose, neither do the speakers infact, but when I open the boot I have a Bose 6 stack 6 player, a Bose sub and Amp all labelled up? the sound quality is excellent, even at high volume does anyone know whether it is the full system? an upgrade? or just standard Audi? cheers

Status

Re: Bose Stereo???

Could be someone has just VAGCom'd the HU back to standard non Bose. The head unit is identical for both systems, just setup differently via VAGCOM for the Bose EQ and the Bose welcome when you turn it on. Not all Bose systems had logo's on the speakers. Do you have a Bose amp in the Right hand cubbyhole in the boot? If yes then it is definately a complete Bose system as retrofitting the amp & sub is a really big job, although doing just the sub is quite easy.
    Can't believe you think the muddy, woolly "sounds like its coming from next door" Bose set up is good, but each to their own.

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    AndyMac said:
    Can't believe you think the muddy, woolly "sounds like its coming from next door" Bose set up is good, but each to their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Bose set up is a big improvement over the standard setup if you bought the car second hand and it already had it fitted as the sound wont distort at any volume.
    Sound quality is clear, with no distortion and the only minor for me was the poor bass levels but with the help of andymac problem solved [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

But if i was buying a new car (apart from a 911 as at the motor show the bose sounded awesome) then i'd definately turn down the bose upgrade and head to http://www.caraudiodirect.com/ with my money.

2nd Gear

Status

if the speaker grills dont say bose then u aint got it sorry, the bass bx in the rear left cubby ole is standard equipment, wind the volume up and listen to it shake and fart, turn it up too high and it might say ouch lol