Hissing/Air Rushing Sound????

bigfoot0387

A3 Abuser
Reaction score
Hi everyone im fairly new here,

i have a few thigns im hoping you guys/girls ca help me out with

1. When i start the car its like the starter motor is still overticking/ moaning sound when the car has started for about 3/4 seconds

2. When the car is started you can hear a constant hissing sound when you rev the car and then take your foot off the hissing becomes louder but its constant. then when u push the clutch right down it gets even louder again.

hiss stop hiss stop hiss (if that makes sense as its hard to describe)

this is rather annoying and any help would be great, thanks

Also just so you all know i have replaced all the tubing that goes to the air sensor and airbox etc.

You checked to make sure you havent got a boost leak?

Take it to a garage and ask them to check it or do it yourself by going over all boost hoses and checking to make sure there not split etc, that all clips are tight and havent broke or come lose.

Have you tried posting in the diesel forum yet? It may be a diesel specific issue and thats where the oil burner crew hang out :)

<tuffty/>

yeah its got aircon but it does it without it being on. and i will also post it in that forum to see if i get any response,

but any ideas would be appreciated,

thanks

Is the car standard?

Petrol cars can sometimes make that noise from the DV when it's on its way out or after a remap - but I'm not even sure if a diesel even has one? Otherwise as Dani said, boost leak?

I had this problem too on y a3 tdi. found out it was the boost pipe (air hose) that goes onto egr valve.

£56 to replce but there is a guy in edingbourgh vw that got me part for £20 posted. through partspool.co.uk

just to update you all, when i go to change gear( put the clutch pedal down u hear a air rushing sound. like air escaping. any other ideas on this, thanks

ben

:blackrs4::wtf:

to the tdi's have the same air pump as the 20vt's as this is a comman problem on them as the rivits weaken over time and air rushes out could be the same thing

hrm waste gate valve just doing its thing, lol
sounds like your car has seen better days mate

good luck with it all