Oil filter access

banoffee

Reaction score
Planning to change the oil and filter on the S3 at some point soon. Something I've done on lots of cars and bikes before, however does seem tricky to get leverage on it due to length and location.

Any tricks with these before I just wade in and swear at it? :ermm:

Planning to change the oil and filter on the S3 at some point soon. Something I've done on lots of cars and bikes before, however does seem tricky to get leverage on it due to length and location.

Any tricks with these before I just wade in and swear at it? :ermm:

If you dont have the use of a ramp (easy to do from under the car) I would sugest to use a set of "swan necks" to get in there....

Ye its preety straight forward just use the special oil filter removal thing which you can attached to the rachet. Might be worth taking the undertray aswell.

Job done - new plugs, air filter, oil filter, sump plug and Castrol Edge. Was quite straightforward, thanks for the hint of removing the undertray.

Quite pleased with myself, not worked on a car in over 10 years (lots of bikes inbetween though!) :yahoo:

Yep just did mine was fairly easy ive got one of the chain style filter removal tools. Taking the tray of is a must i think its only 5-6 torx screws

yep. easy enough. have copper greased the screws to make it easy next time