Heat Soak, Just To Clarify!

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Just one to clarify if what im experinceing with the s3 lately is heat soak or not. The car when cold is spot (always letit warm up before abuse :)) pulls realy strong and turbo kicks in about 2000rpm and so on but after a while the car feels abit limp, doesnt seem to pull as hard etc, now this to me sounds like heat soak but what you guys think?
On the other hand i dont know if ive just become acustom to the power and its the cars way of saying it wants a remap haha.
Hopefully i should be getting the car vagcom'd by the weekend but i cant make my mind up if the maf's dying or not!

Sounds symptomatic of heat soak but use VAGCOM to log IAT's (block 118) and you will soon see...

<tuffty/>

Sounds like it, but it could be a small leak or something else that is being affected by heat in the engine bay

Whats the best way to check for leaks? Ive had the engine running and cant hear/feel anything and all clips are tight.

If you are constantly moving at a resonable pace, then heatsoak won't be a problem, but driving along at a snails pace and in heavy traffic where there is no airflow going through the intercoolers, then heatsoak will happen. The twin I/C setup for the S3 is pretty good for standard power, and upto the job for remapped power. MTM conversions retain the standard twin I/C setup, just that a front mount I/C setup is even more efficient.

If you are constantly moving at a resonable pace, then heatsoak won't be a problem, but driving along at a snails pace and in heavy traffic where there is no airflow going through the intercoolers, then heatsoak will happen. The twin I/C setup for the S3 is pretty good for standard power, and upto the job for remapped power. MTM conversions retain the standard twin I/C setup, just that a front mount I/C setup is even more efficient.

Yeah i know what you mean jo, just cant make my mind up about the car at the minute there just seems tobe something not quite right, hpefully paul will be vagcoming it for me soon :) so we shall see.