AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Audi-sports own special child.

Status

Heat Soak, Just To Clarify!

Just one to clarify if what im experinceing with the s3 lately is heat soak or not. The car when cold is spot (always letit warm up before abuse ) pulls realy strong and turbo kicks in about 2000rpm and so on but after a while the car feels abit limp, doesnt seem to pull as hard etc, now this to me sounds like heat soak but what you guys think?
    On the other hand i dont know if ive just become acustom to the power and its the cars way of saying it wants a remap haha.
    Hopefully i should be getting the car vagcom'd by the weekend but i cant make my mind up if the maf's dying or not!
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Sounds symptomatic of heat soak but use VAGCOM to log IAT's (block 118) and you will soon see...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

2nd Gear

Status
    Sounds like it, but it could be a small leak or something else that is being affected by heat in the engine bay
    2003 ARY A3 TQS - totally bog except for 18" Dezent Motion Blacks - Hopefully the Brembo Jr will fit these and I can start to update my sig!!

Status
    Whats the best way to check for leaks? Ive had the engine running and cant hear/feel anything and all clips are tight.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    If you are constantly moving at a resonable pace, then heatsoak won't be a problem, but driving along at a snails pace and in heavy traffic where there is no airflow going through the intercoolers, then heatsoak will happen. The twin I/C setup for the S3 is pretty good for standard power, and upto the job for remapped power. MTM conversions retain the standard twin I/C setup, just that a front mount I/C setup is even more efficient.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    If you are constantly moving at a resonable pace, then heatsoak won't be a problem, but driving along at a snails pace and in heavy traffic where there is no airflow going through the intercoolers, then heatsoak will happen. The twin I/C setup for the S3 is pretty good for standard power, and upto the job for remapped power. MTM conversions retain the standard twin I/C setup, just that a front mount I/C setup is even more efficient.
    Yeah i know what you mean jo, just cant make my mind up about the car at the minute there just seems tobe something not quite right, hpefully paul will be vagcoming it for me soon so we shall see.