JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    5th Gear

Status

drop link fitting?

hey guys, im considering buying V-Maxx Adjustable Front Anti Roll Bar Drop Links and was wondering if its an easy job. do i need to support anything or is it just simply take off the from wheel and undo the 2 bolts and swap?

thanks in advance
    Audi A3 1.8 Turbo, Wietec Ultra GT 40mm kit, 3" Full Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust, Custom Code stage 1 remap, 17" RS4 Alloys, Whiteline ARB

2. # ADS
    ADS

essex boy :)

Status
    exactly as you said mate undo the 2 bolts and there off but be sure to place your jack under the hub/wheel bearing housing just in case it does decide to move.had a little look earlier when i fitted my kw kit,theres no need to swap mine,why are you changing yours?
    '98 azure blue a3 1.8t, forge 007p,KW 40mm springs/shocks,18" polished rs4's,s-style chrome mirros,black diamond front 20 groove discs,ebc greenstuff pads,painted and decal'd calipers,colour-coded engine cover,aero wipers,chrome indicator bulbs,l.e.d xenon sidelight bulbs,h.i.d xenon headlight bulb kit,let the work begin!

Latest addition - s style chrome mirrors
    Next up - remap,exhaust

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks m8ty for the reply. Im changing them as the driverside drive shaft is rubbing on ARB. Ive been in touch with Damien at dpmperformance were i bought the lowering kit from. He said i need to fit the adjustable drop links as on the odd occasion this happens. it only rubs when i turn right and mainly going up multistory carparks and tight corners. must be do with how the body moves around corners..anyways the drops links say

"These V-Maxx adjustable front anti roll bar drop links will fit all A3 8L 1.6, 1.8, 1.8T and 1.9TDi FWD vehicles.
    When lowering some cars beyond 50mm, the standard factory anti roll bar and driver's side drive shaft become too close together and on some occasions can make contact and create a banging when on full lock of going over speed bumps. The V-Maxx drop links allow extra adjustment making the factory anti roll bar higher and stop contact with the drive shaft and anti roll bar."

https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/vma...96-p-2444.html
    Audi A3 1.8 Turbo, Wietec Ultra GT 40mm kit, 3" Full Custom Stainless Steel Exhaust, Custom Code stage 1 remap, 17" RS4 Alloys, Whiteline ARB

Brum brum

Status
    You need to jack both sides of the front of the car up to do this - so you either need two jacks or some axle stands.

If you only jack up the one side, the ARB will be twisted (i.e. doing it's job) and you'll never get the ARB link off (or if you do, never get it back on again). Nice and easy swap with the whole of the front of the car in the air.
    Jason
    2001 Nogaro S3 (daily driver)

1958 replica Porsche 356 Speedster (summer posing)
    1997 Seat Cordoba SX 16v (track day toy) replacing (t)rusty 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi RIP

essex boy :)

Status
    [QUOTE=reptor245;774021]Thanks m8ty for the reply. Im changing them as the driverside drive shaft is rubbing on ARB.

I see what you mean now!i fitted my kw kit yesterday afternoon but havent had chance to road test yet so i'll be going for a little run in a while,so maybe i'll have to do this too!
    Was thinking about uprating the arb's to the kw ones also.
    A3tom has them with your weitec kit and as far as i know he's not running adjustable drop links.maybe it's just the odd occurance?
    '98 azure blue a3 1.8t, forge 007p,KW 40mm springs/shocks,18" polished rs4's,s-style chrome mirros,black diamond front 20 groove discs,ebc greenstuff pads,painted and decal'd calipers,colour-coded engine cover,aero wipers,chrome indicator bulbs,l.e.d xenon sidelight bulbs,h.i.d xenon headlight bulb kit,let the work begin!

Latest addition - s style chrome mirrors
    Next up - remap,exhaust

5th Gear

Status
    yeah sounds just like my luck.

it only does it sometime with full right hand lock on and depends on how the car is possistioned. sounds weird but it definatly depends on the body i.e tight slow bend or like i said, going up a multi story car park and turning right up it.