drop link fitting?

reptor245

Reaction score
hey guys, im considering buying V-Maxx Adjustable Front Anti Roll Bar Drop Links and was wondering if its an easy job. do i need to support anything or is it just simply take off the from wheel and undo the 2 bolts and swap?

thanks in advance

exactly as you said mate undo the 2 bolts and there off but be sure to place your jack under the hub/wheel bearing housing just in case it does decide to move.had a little look earlier when i fitted my kw kit,theres no need to swap mine,why are you changing yours?

Thanks m8ty for the reply. Im changing them as the driverside drive shaft is rubbing on ARB. Ive been in touch with Damien at dpmperformance were i bought the lowering kit from. He said i need to fit the adjustable drop links as on the odd occasion this happens. it only rubs when i turn right and mainly going up multistory carparks and tight corners. must be do with how the body moves around corners..anyways the drops links say

"These V-Maxx adjustable front anti roll bar drop links will fit all A3 8L 1.6, 1.8, 1.8T and 1.9TDi FWD vehicles.
When lowering some cars beyond 50mm, the standard factory anti roll bar and driver's side drive shaft become too close together and on some occasions can make contact and create a banging when on full lock of going over speed bumps. The V-Maxx drop links allow extra adjustment making the factory anti roll bar higher and stop contact with the drive shaft and anti roll bar."

https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/vm...-links-a3-8l-16-18-18t-19tdi-0896-p-2444.html

You need to jack both sides of the front of the car up to do this - so you either need two jacks or some axle stands.

If you only jack up the one side, the ARB will be twisted (i.e. doing it's job) and you'll never get the ARB link off (or if you do, never get it back on again). Nice and easy swap with the whole of the front of the car in the air.

Thanks m8ty for the reply. Im changing them as the driverside drive shaft is rubbing on ARB.

I see what you mean now!i fitted my kw kit yesterday afternoon but havent had chance to road test yet so i'll be going for a little run in a while,so maybe i'll have to do this too!
Was thinking about uprating the arb's to the kw ones also.
A3tom has them with your weitec kit and as far as i know he's not running adjustable drop links.maybe it's just the odd occurance?

yeah sounds just like my luck. :wacko:

it only does it sometime with full right hand lock on and depends on how the car is possistioned. sounds weird but it definatly depends on the body i.e tight slow bend or like i said, going up a multi story car park and turning right up it.