aircon not working

DJ-S3

Reaction score
hey, my aircon does'nt work. took it to kwik fit the other day to get it refilled and when i came back he told me it was already full, but wasn't working. i asked him if he knew why... but he didn.t have a clue.

so i thought i'd turn to more proffesional people (you lot)

does anyone know what might be the problem??

dom

Can you give us some more details.

ps :asskicking: Are you mad, never take your S3 to kwikfit you nutter!

nope cant give you anymore details. it just doesn't blow out cold air. blowers all still work. just doesn't blow cold air.

only wanted them to refill it. but they couldn't because it was still full. it wasn't sent in for anything else. im not that mad.

If there's not a problem with the air con refrigerant, it might be the compressor at fault.

Could be your 'Fan Control Module' on top of the battery??

My aircon only blows warm air, even on Low. This problem began start of the week. Car's been in for a service today, and i mentioned the problem. Apparently the Fan control module is burnt out.... So hopefully this is what's causing it. Its about £40 from the dealer though, i THINK!

Sounds a bit like mine which turned out to be the Compressor clutch unfortunatly it means a new compressor

Just has a look at the Small Box ontop of the battery, replaced the 30 Amp fuse to the far Left, and hey presto!!! Ice Cool Air con!!!! :rockwoot:

Just has a look at the Small Box ontop of the battery, replaced the 30 Amp fuse to the far Left, and hey presto!!! Ice Cool Air con!!!! :rockwoot:

Check the base that the fuse sits into. When mine went the base was melted and needed replacing.

Also note, when that fuse is gone you have NO FANS. So in traffic the car will overheat.

Maybe have to have a look at that then, all is fine at the moment though, both fans work, got aircon and no engine over heating, :o.k:

Thanks

If it does turn out to be the A/C compressor, i have 2 for sale. PM moi, all the best with it.

My aircon on my 1.8t has gone tits up too. Its fully gassed up, and the compressor is running, fuses all fine etc. yet it just doesnt blow cold air. It doesnt make any funny noises and you can hear the engine go on load when the compressor starts up. I just have no idea what it could be....