Cambelt question...

A3-sport

BOSE
Reaction score
Ive got an S reg 1.6 A3 and looking at changing the cambelt myself...

Rather than trauling through the site though ti would just ask quickly if I need locking tools???

Simples. Cheers.

Also, just want to know which water pump to get??

If you go into some place like GSF and give them the year and model of your car they'll tell you which bits you need.

I did a cambelt on my mates Mk4 Golf 1.8T without locking tools (and lots of luck!), if I was doing it again I'd get a locking tool....cheaper than messing it up and buying a new engine.

T

If you go into some place like GSF and give them the year and model of your car they'll tell you which bits you need.

I did a cambelt on my mates Mk4 Golf 1.8T without locking tools (and lots of luck!), if I was doing it again I'd get a locking tool....cheaper than messing it up and buying a new engine.

T

oh right ok... so next question... anyone got one I can borrow?

Or is it as simple as shoving a nail in a hole to hold it lol (seen it done before)

u got big cahoneys ma man...

I was thinking of doing this but im jus too put off with how bigger job it is, im scared il feck it!!! lol

let us know how it all goes, aint got locking tools mate but good luck with it.

Pooch

I think I used a selection of small allen keys to poke in holes :)

i recently changed mine with a mate on my 1.8t didnt use any locking tools just turned the engine over with the bottom pulley so all the timing marks wher in place and marked up the pulleys with bit of paint pen or tip ex. just have to be careful and always check the marks are in same place whilst fitting the belt. also before you start her up turn the engine over 2 times and check all the marks line up.