JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

S3 retrofit Cruise Control confusion

Hi,

Ive been searching for a few weeks now, and looked at as many guides as i could find, but im still a bit confused about the fitment of the kit.

I understand the new CC harness wires into the connecting block in the engine bay, and the other one goes from there to the ecu, but what do you need to mess about with the fusebox in the footwell for ?

Also the VW teeside guide doesnt mention where to put the wires into the ecu for the BAM engine code, is it the same as one of the other codes?

Any clarity would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by subby; 15th July 2009 at 11:40.
    1996 JDM Celica GT Four

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Never fitted one before and I can't access the guide (I'm using my work PC at the mo) - so what does the guide suggest you do with the fusebox?

I wouldn't be surprised if the wiring was slightly different for different engine codes though.
    2003 ARY A3 TQS - totally bog except for 18" Dezent Motion Blacks - Hopefully the Brembo Jr will fit these and I can start to update my sig!!

1st Gear

Status
    Ive realised that the fuse part is basically so the system is fused.

Only bit im a bit stuck with is which pins on the actual ecu connector to wire into.
    1996 JDM Celica GT Four

2nd Gear

Status
    How is it described in the guide you have?

Have a cup of tea and read the guide slowly - you'll be surprised how often when you've calmed down, it all seems to fall in place and make sense.

I do it all the time!!
    2003 ARY A3 TQS - totally bog except for 18" Dezent Motion Blacks - Hopefully the Brembo Jr will fit these and I can start to update my sig!!

4th Gear

Status
    Have you got the links to the guides so we can have a look?
    03 Ebony black S3, Dieselgeek short shift, its started..

1st Gear

Status
    This is the one ill be working from i think

http://vwgolfr32.co.uk/ccs.pdf

The main problem im going to have i think is when it comes to the 121/80 pole connector for the ECU. (loom that goes between engine bay box and ecu)

My engine code (BAM) isnt there so im not sure where to put the wires.
    Last edited by subby; 15th July 2009 at 23:04.
    1996 JDM Celica GT Four

Only me

Status
    i think the ecus are diffent on quattro to fwd so this might be were your going wrong but ill ask at work tomorn and see if weve got an old retro fit gide somewere im sure we have and ill scan it in as im sure this thread will come up agen

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marcyp View Post
    i think the ecus are diffent on quattro to fwd so this might be were your going wrong but ill ask at work tomorn and see if weve got an old retro fit gide somewere im sure we have and ill scan it in as im sure this thread will come up agen
    that would be helpful if you could !
    1996 JDM Celica GT Four

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by subby View Post
    This is the one ill be working from i think

http://vwgolfr32.co.uk/ccs.pdf
    Still can't open it from my work PC!!! - sorry can't help!

Hopefully marcy will be able to help

Only me

Status
    i couldnt find one anywere but iv asket a mate who runs an audi dealership and he seams to think hell be able to get one hopfully, but sorry no help yet if some one can find a wireing deigram for me im sure ill be able to work it out

1st Gear

Status
    ok mate no probs, any help would be great.

Im hoping that the colours correspond with the ecu's, so it might be obvious.

Ive got the kit now and want to get it fitted!
    1996 JDM Celica GT Four

Only me

Status
    if you get stuck befor i get hold of the fitting gide post picks up of the wiring and ill try and work it out im sure its not hard on a s3 as ive done a few befor on other vags and never realy had to much truble a6 being the werst because of all the option extras it had on it anyways e.p.c dose have its advintages some times when it come to fitting this other whys on a throttel cable moddles you have to use vacume pipes and thats alot harder lol

2nd Gear

Status
    Now I'm at home I've dl'd a copy - bit late to start looking at wiring diagrams now!! but hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow at work to have a look through.

1st Gear

Status
    think ive got my head round it now.

Ive realised that the engine codes are for the golf, and one of the wiring colours for the 121 pole connection has the golfs 1.8T enginen(AUQ i think), so that is the right colours, so im all set to go now, just need the weather down here in Devon to clear up!

Just to add more info to the topic for anyone else, this is the wiring for the 1.8T engines:

Last edited by subby; 17th July 2009 at 09:45.
    1996 JDM Celica GT Four

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks reasonable - hope you're right.

Let us know how you get on.

1st Gear

Status
    Its working :D

Hardest things i found were:

Wipers needed alot of persuasion to come off.
    Mine has security bolts ont he ecu, so out came the drill, which was weird as i thought they were only on 2002+ cars, but must have crossed over as mine is december 01.

The rest was fairly easy, and quite rewarding when it all worked !

only thing is there isnt a light that comes on when its enabled? Didnt know if there was meant to be or not.
    Last edited by subby; 19th July 2009 at 11:24.
    1996 JDM Celica GT Four

HawkinsS3

Status
    i sure with audi and other german makes the car is already for cruise control, my mate took his golf and all they done was fitt the new stalk and reprograme the ecu..

Not sure how much its costs at vw but if you know someone who can get the codes you could do it alot easier!!

am thinking off doin the same to mine, might even go to audi if its cheap enough

1st Gear

Status
    nah you have to fit the new stalk and run the wiring to the engine bay.

Some cars like TDI's have the extra loom to the ecu so you dont have to do that but, but on S3's, others 1.8Ts and petrols, you have to run that loom aswel. You can extend the cc one to the ecu, but i wanted my all oem as possible so did both.

I paid 80 for the parts and fitted myself so thats fairly cheap altogether.
    1996 JDM Celica GT Four

1st Gear

Status
    sorry to bump this,

just wondering if anyone else who has fitted cruise control to an s3, has the light in the dash when they turn it on?
    1996 JDM Celica GT Four