These Brake discs any good??

TBH, I wouldn't skimp on front discs especially if you are using DS2500's. Black Diamond grooved seem to be the favourite and the ones I am gonna get unless I go Brembo of course...

Cheap discs (grooved or otherwise) will wear out more quickly or more likely warp more easily.

<tuffty/>

youll need at least around £250+ really, front black diomand discs, which im getting, then the ferodo pads. think yaself lukcy ive gotta add another £260 if i wants to go for 312mm discs!!

brakes, you get what you pay for.

I guess they are **** then!! :sob:

Any links to a decent set for around £200 would be helpfull, Im having a nightmare finding a set, I might just stay with stock discs :shrug:

Thanks guys...:respekt:

youll need at least around £250+ really, front black diomand discs, which im getting, then the ferodo pads. think yaself lukcy ive gotta add another £260 if i wants to go for 312mm discs!!

I got the pads just need the discs now, ATE power discs any good?? £160 for a set from Euro Car Parts, I like the patern on them also..

Last edited:
Last edited:
Give Bill at Badger 5 a call, he does discs and DS2500's.

FYI, you don't need anything special for the rears if you are planning on changing them too. You can get away with GSF specials but use Pagid pads. My local GSF had both and it cost me £15 for the pads and £34.50 for the discs (+ vat), DS2500's from Bill are around £118+vat IIRC plus he uses EBC Ultimax discs which should set you back around £180 ish (call him for a proper price)

The back brakes do very little and over braking them with fancy pads and discs will not give you any advantage and may even cause the car to swap ends. All the braking effort is in the front on the S3.

You may also want to consider changing the brake fluid to Motul RBF 600 which is a DOT4 synthetic brake fluid that has similar properties to DOT 5.1 but gives a better pedal.

Other than going Brembo, its probably the best setup from OEM you can get...

Expensive initial outlay but decent brakes will make the difference between making a corner or hedging it....

They will wear silver :)

To be honest stock discs with a set of decent pads will be fine unless you want a bit more 'bling factor'.

I went for some 'Zimmerman' cross drilled ones on my A3 from GSF, cant say anything bad about them to be honest. Cheap enough and seem to work very well indeed. You get a bit more braking noise due to the holes but its nothing that bothers me (only very slight).

T

youll be best off getting the third one down on the list. the grooved 312mm ones. with vat and delivary its £189 though! i hate hidden charges!

These are mine, EBC Turbo Grooved Discs think you can pick them up around that price... not 2 sure they were on the car when i got it

IMG_0212.jpg

the black diamond grooved front discs and ferrodo DS2500 is an awesome setup from standard, this is what i have and would pay my money again for them

Try this link: http://www.performancecentre.co.uk/p/sv_pl.asp?VC=AD_S301&PTC=BRB01
If that does not work, then search by car on the left hand side, then click your way through to brakes.
They are not cheap, but they are well recommended, and when I upgrade, is more than likely what I shall be getting [just had pads and disk fitted during my MOT, so may wait for them to go before I upgrade]

Tyres and brakes, two things you NEVER want to get the cheapest product when shopping!!!!