How similar are an s3 and cupra engine bays??

nath-w

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows if an air intake heat shield out of a seat leon will fit properly in an s3??

Heat shield for an open air filter? if so dont waste your money.

Do you really think it would be a waste of money. i want an uprated air filter, but thought that just sitting say a K&N cone air filter in there would mean that it would just suck in all the hot air from the engine??:hi:

even a heatshield wont do the job, and the OEM airbox is more than ample for standard and even chipped S3 power. if its power you are after, you will gain nothing from a filter. What i would do is put in a new filter, and get a decent cold air feed going into the airbox from the bumper.

But if you really want to go down the CAI route, i would suggest a BMC CDA....Its completely sealed, but dont expect any real power gains.

oh rite. i only really started looking into it, as i recently found out that the previous owner has drilled lots of holes in the standard airbox thats in there now, and i thought the car would run a lot better it its sucking in cold air.

would an open air filter make the engine noise a lot louder, and sound a bit boy racer?? if so i mite just look into getting a new standard air box, one without holes in it!!

......would an open air filter make the engine noise a lot louder, and sound a bit boy racer?? if so i mite just look into getting a new standard air box, one without holes in it!!

Yeah it'll make a bit more noise, but as Rich said, if you're sucking-up more warm air then you're going to lose power - sort of defeats the object

Yeah a open cone sounds pretty crap to be honest. Too much turbo noise really.

Replace with a new one, get a good cold air feed going to it and a new panel filter and be done with it.

Rich, I know a few years back you were playing with a cone filter mounted inside a modified air box - how did that work out in the end?

Reading you posts I'm thinking you went back to standard box with a cold air feed?