Is it just me... or are used S3 prices going up....

madvw

Reaction score
OK, I've been looking at the trader and other places to see what people are asking for their S3's at the minute. Despite the sheds, it looks to me like a decent facelift with about 50k and a nice spec can pull in anything upto 8k?? A few months ago you would have been lucky to get the book price of £6k for them.

Anyone got any clue what people are actually getting for them, rather than what they're asking?

OK, I've been looking at the trader and other places to see what people are asking for their S3's at the minute. Despite the sheds, it looks to me like a decent facelift with about 50k and a nice spec can pull in anything upto 8k?? A few months ago you would have been lucky to get the book price of £6k for them.

Anyone got any clue what people are actually getting for them, rather than what they're asking?

I have been looking on Autotrader and they do seem to be higher than they were 6 months ago. Even high mileage sheds are too much. I also noted a lot of them are from traders rather than private. It's putting me off a bit as I might just save up a bit more and get a 8P 3.2 quattro.
Could be a summer thing, maybe better prices going into autumn.

I think petrol prices and the road tax hike isn't coming into place yet has something to do with it

The main issue I've found is that people just aren't changing their cars - they're hanging on to them for longer.

I've been in the market for a 3.2 sportback for so long, that I've gone off the idea, and now looking for a B7 S4 Cab.

I've been round the dealers, and they all say the same thing - this time last year they had 60+ cars on the forcourt, now they're lucky if they have 30. Those which they do have are either diesel or 1.6 petrols - and most of those are ex courtesy cars from the dealership...