EM TuningAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Opinions on wheels and proposed spray works to trim pls

Latest shot of my car with a recent colour change to the rs4's....opinions please people..

Next is to have the grey side trim, rear bumper insert and front lower grey surround sprayed black - front and sides will look excellent and match everything just not sure what the black rear bumper insert will look like against the silver bumper - any thoughts?

Cheers
    51 plate Audi S3 - Silver with Bose, Symphony 2, Armrest and of course Rs4's.....

Ist Audi after 8 VW's in a line......

Driven/borrowed through work..RS4 Wagon, Focus ST3, Golf R32, Astra VXR..

2. # ADS
    ADS

needs to scratch the itch

Status
    I'd do the grill surround and rings black aswell, oh and add a lcr splitter, best sub 20 mod i've ever done.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wibble111 View Post
    I'd do the grill surround and rings black aswell, oh and add a lcr splitter, best sub 20 mod i've ever done.
    Yup, if you are going for the black trim look, the black grill surround and rings is what I would do and black wing mirrors also along with all the grey trim around the car.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Smell my finger.

Status
    Silver cars with dark wheels rule, good move
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Only me

Status
    i was getting ready to re do my wheels
    now youve tempted me to get them redone in a darker colour!
    also if you do the grill and the rings please post pics as i think you would be the first to do it on a silver car and would be nice to see

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    i had all my trims sprayed a light grey colour and there a massive improvement over the standard plastic dull grey, i think black would look good on silver but i no what you mean about the rear insert, why not do them in anthracite instead

needs to scratch the itch

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marcyp View Post
    i was getting ready to re do my wheels
    now youve tempted me to get them redone in a darker colour!
    also if you do the grill and the rings please post pics as i think you would be the first to do it on a silver car and would be nice to see
    Have a look at post #20, some pics of my grill & badge, i'll post some pics later as i now have a lcr splitter and aero wipers and the rings look a lot better in black with the other mods.

Can I remove that chrome grill surround?

1st Gear

Status
    Surround at the bottom of front bumper is grey with black grille inserts - could never work out why audi did that as it does not match the front top grille....

Anthracite could work on the trims, match in with the wheels etc and blend better on the rear bumper...not sure the black would look right against silver rear bumper..

Not actually keen on the LCR splitter - may get shot down for saying that but each to his own i guess.

Wibble - thanks for link, silver top grille surround looks better in black - maybe leave the rings silver though, everytime i look at the front (eg your shot) i think why does the bottom surround not match the black finish of the grille's !!!

Also want to get some spacers on rear wheels..

cheers guys
    51 plate Audi S3 - Silver with Bose, Symphony 2, Armrest and of course Rs4's.....

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm right into darker wheels at the mo as well - that's what I'm lining up for in the next week or two - so yes, I'm liking the look of yours. I agree with some of the others as well, in that the grill rings done also will look good.
    2003 ARY A3 TQS - totally bog except for 18" Dezent Motion Blacks - Hopefully the Brembo Jr will fit these and I can start to update my sig!!

6th Gear

Status
    The wheels look spot on mate, been toying with the idea of redoing mine anthracite. I think respraying all the grey plastic trim black will look good even on the back bumper. I think if i redid the grill surround i'd leave the rings chrome. look forward to seeing some pics when its finished mate.
    2007 A3 TDI 170 S Line
    Sold - 2002 S3

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Love the wheels, wonder if they'd look good on my black s3!!!
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

essex boy :)

Status
    love black wheels on silver cars! they look great mate.having the trims sprayed black would look spot on i reckon!even with the rear bumper insert sprayed black,i think it'd set it off!if that was my car i'd also think about doing the mirrors black and the chrome audi rings + surround on the front grill.would look tasty! haha,how bout spraying the audi rings on the boot black also?
    '98 azure blue a3 1.8t, forge 007p,KW 40mm springs/shocks,18" polished rs4's,s-style chrome mirros,black diamond front 20 groove discs,ebc greenstuff pads,painted and decal'd calipers,colour-coded engine cover,aero wipers,chrome indicator bulbs,l.e.d xenon sidelight bulbs,h.i.d xenon headlight bulb kit,let the work begin!

Latest addition - s style chrome mirrors
    Next up - remap,exhaust

S3

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3_kev View Post
    i had all my trims sprayed a light grey colour and there a massive improvement over the standard plastic dull grey, i think black would look good on silver but i no what you mean about the rear insert, why not do them in anthracite instead
    Was there a specific grey you used or did you just pick any light grey? Did you have them laquered because they look quite shiney in your euro s3 thread (http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=72259)?

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    i just went through the paint chart at the bodyshop, the finish i chose was a laqured finish its really close to the original colour just a shade lighter but with the laqured effect not dull plastic effect

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers Guys

Chatting to my mate (painter by trade) and decided on dark grey for the trim - rear, side and front. He's also doing a cpl of other bits - lock surround on rear hatch etc etc

Decided I need to do this to get interest back in the car, had it for year and half and it's either sell and spend 4-5k more on another car or spend a little on this car (that i know is spot on) and keep it for another year or two.

Other work i want to get done :

wheel spacers
    remap
    Suspension (i really dont know if i can justify the 1200 odd it will cost with b5's etc)

Enjoying the car a lot at the moment and have been thinking of 330d, boxster, honda s2000 but i'd have to spend 3-5k more and then 1k as whatever i buy i will want to get spot on so what is the point when the s3 gives sooo much for bascially so little!!

Fleet manager getting an RS Focus in tmrw so looking forward to going out in it then getting a cpl of shots of it next to the S3 - nose to nose will be a good shot and no doubt s3 will look a little weedy !!!